“Stay where people remember you!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
Algonac, Michigan
“Stay where people remember you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We are frequent visitors at this location due to our business travel. From the hotel manager to the housekeeping staff and everyone in between, they can't wait to help you with any needs you have. We stay in the main multi-level portion of the hotel. It is always very clean with all the amenities we need. The buffet breakfast offers everything you could think of and their freshly-made smoothies are fantastic! They have a very nice bar, computer room that is comfortable, exercise room with TV (water, towels) and indoor and outdoor pools that are very appealing! I sit by the pool at a table under an umbrella and read and enjoy relaxing there. It's not only what the staff can do, but if guests are not mindful of how or what they do, the staff has to try to make up for them (in the case of some group events that might require more cleaning, etc.) All in all it is a great place to stay - also within walking distance to the mall!

Room Tip: I like the higher floors, I don't hear any outdoor or A/C sounds.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Debbie S,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. It is so gratifying to know that everyone at the Hotel assisted you with your needs and we will continue to do so because customer service is our top priority.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities the hotel offers. We have approached our breakfast buffet over the years with the same philosophy, a commitment to quality and hospitality. Moreover, I totally agree with you that there is nothing better than enjoying the outdoor swimming pool during the hot summer days !!

We sincerely appreciate your business, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kitchener. We would love to have you stay with us again, whenever you are in the area. It would be our pleasure to see you again

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

As soon as i walked i was greeted by a friendly staff, the lobby was clean, my room was very clean as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family! The overall experience at this Holiday Inn Kitchener -Waterloo was fun, i will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Good Day Trav0709_13,
Million thanks for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to read that you had fun and enjoyed your stay with us; Holiday Inn is all about fun, family and special moments.

It’s great to know that our team continues to provide exceptional service to our guests. Your comment about the cleanliness of the room and lobby will thrill our housekeeping team and I will be more than happy to pass them onto them.

We would love to have you stay with us, whenever you are in the Kitchener area. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Chatham-Kent, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Our soccer team stayed here for a tournament. What a mistake!! The hallways smell so bad we had to hold our breath trying not to gag. Not joking, very disgusting. The rooms at the back overlook a busy and noisy expressway. The beds are small, and no fridge in room. The bathroom is beyond too small. An employee came outside and told us we could not use our small propane BBQ on hotel property, not even in the parking lot due to fire regulations. Seriously we do this all the time at other hotels. We were not allowed to eat our pizza in the lobby either although no other guests were around. No food in lobby we were told. Needless to say we will not be back. Go anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mikdud,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments you gave us on Tripadvisor concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. I am very disappointed that your experience was not up to our standards.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8526.

Zagreb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Am local from the area and was visiting my mom who, fortunately, lives close to the hotel. We got stuck in trying to complete some paperwork namely as Mom doesn't have a fully functioning printer / scanner in the house yet the papers were rather critical. I called Holiday Inn and sought access to their business center offering to pay a usage fee as I was not a guest.

Wow... happy to hear a clear and personable voice on the phone (Naji !!!) who clarified that the business center was for hotel guests and still said "...but please come in, we're here to help".

I've always been happy to recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues over the years and am pleased to see the tasteful development and expansion of the entire facility which has served as a long standing landmark in Kitchener.

Today's support gets my two thumbs up... thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear ZBMM,

Thank you for sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users. It is so gratifying to know that you got your paper work sorted out. We at the Holiday Inn always try to do our best to meet guests’ expectations and fulfill their needs and are so glad we were able to assist.

We thank you for recommending the Hotel over the years; we would be happy to welcome you again.

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This past weekend we stayed in made a trip to Kitchener to attend an event, was looking forward to the our stay at the Holiday Inn as I have stayed in many before and they are a reputable hotel chain. The city was very busy and the hotel was booked solid which was a good sign.
We arrived and checked in with the front desk staff, the gentleman on the front desk was very present and got our reservation sorted out as there was some confusion as to who's name it was under, he called to the housekeeping staff to make sure that our room was ready for us, once conferred he was good to go he checked us in and gave us information and direction for some things we had to do in the city.
We stopped off at our room which was a standard two double bed room, and was happy to see that it had sliding glass door to the parking lot so we could park close for loading and unloading the car, another added bonus was the outdoor pool. Hotel room looked clean and headed out to do our running around.
When we came back we were pressed for time in getting ready for our function, and upon walking in the bathroom to take a shower there were about 20 large bugs in the tub hanging around the drain. I called down to front desk to report it, and was told they would send someone down. After 25 minutes, no one had arrived, so I washed them down and took a shower as we were going to be running late if I waiting any longer, the shower curtain also had a large tear in it, (didn't effect my stay, but cosmetically I wouldn't think the housekeeping would leave a ripped shower curtain).
There wear a lot of folks staying in the hotel, and ill commend the staff in keeping the noise down from all the youth staying in the hotel, pool was great, and beds were comfortable.
The only other glaring concern in our room. Was the cleanliness of the chains at the table, I dot even want to think of what had stained those chairs so bad, but they need to be cleaned good before the next person stays there. The hotel common areas were clean and staff friendly, but its the little things , the care and upkeep of the guest rooms that needs to be addressed, which make it look like the hotel has pride in is property. I'd stay again, but I will probably go across the street and try the radisson out first before coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jay B,
Thank you for your sharing your comment with other Tripadvisor users. . It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. We appreciate your general satisfaction with regards to cleanliness of the room, moreover, I am glad to hear that your reservation got sorted out and that the check in process was smooth as well.

We consistently renovate and refurbish all our rooms every three months, however, I will personally address the chain issue with the maintenance department to avoid it in the future. Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 893-1211.

Hopefully in the future you will be able to try our tower or executive business rooms. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Holiday Inn name has lost it's value after this stay. Spent the weekend there with the team. Tons of bugs crawling out of our bathtub had to switch rooms. Consistently lock out of everyone's rooms. At one point a saw was needed. Most doors in the courtyard did not accept your card keys so you were locked out. Some of our teams rooms were either not ready by 3:30 or cancelled for no apparent reason. Hallways smelled but the stairways were worse. Unfolded our fold out couch to dirty towels and sheets!!! We're given bath mats for towels! I could go on!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Good Day Teamsoccer,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

I will address the issues with the Housekeeping manager, moreover, I will investigate the courtyard door problem with the maintenance manager and I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence. We do our best to check in guest as early as possible although our standard checking time is 4:00 PM.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you so that we can take specific steps to improve on the areas that were of concern to you. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or call me at 519 894 8502.

Thank you again for your feedback. Have a great day.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

In the past 2 years I always stay here for business when working in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. I have stayed in other hotels in the area and have not experience the same courteous and outstanding customer service that I have enjoyed at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. The staff is amazing and always there to make you feel at home. My room is always ready for early check in. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The restaurant and staff is amazing, great food and reasonably priced (you have to try the chicken wings they are huge). Only they don't come with fries that's my only complaint. Breakfast is my favorite (huge selection). The new fitness room and swimming pool area (indoor and outdoor) are very clean. I would like to thank Salim (General Manager who always comes and greets me at breakfast), Hassen, Eva, Nayria, Cassaranda, Housekeeping and all the staff. ! I would highly recommend staying at Holiday Inn, when in Kitchener-Waterloo area. Also there's a mall and Best Buy within walking distance (7mins).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear BellTech61,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kitchener and thank you for your loyalty.

We especially enjoyed reading that all our team members from different department provided a friendly and individualized service, we will always be here to go the extra mile and exceed all expectations as customer service is our top priority.

The Holiday Inn Kitchener family thank you for your business; it would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!