“Sales Team Rally - Beyond Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Kitchener
Sarnia, Canada
“Sales Team Rally - Beyond Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

In June I organized a Sales Team Rally at this property. From the very start to walking out to my car to leave....unbelieveable experience! The staff are so helpful, accommodating and creative! The front desk made me feel welcomed and glad to be back. The banquet team went out of there way on set up and ensuring that they were "a step a head of me" in anything that I might need. The food....oh the food.....amazing. From presentation to flavour to variety....perfect.

Thank you to the entire team for making this event a great success!
I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to return and recommend your facilities!
Until next time....a million thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are always pleased to receie praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Kitchener a leader in excellence!

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Penang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. Since all the hotels in Waterloo were fully booked at that time, so we decided to stay in Kitchener (not so far from W'loo).

The room is clean and the hotel did tidy up everyday. Bathroom is a bit small but we do not need a huge one either. :)

There is not much fault I could find during the stay here - except the internet connection is little poor at the back wing. Parking was easy and hotel is easy to find from the highway. I just wish they provide free breakfast. :0). One incident I could not open the room using the card - and my passport is in the room, however the front desk did fix that with few questions asked instantly.

For food, Tim Hortons is just 2 minutes away and there is a fantastic steak house across the street. "Charcoal steak house". Also there is a gas station across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback. Your positive comments will be shared with the entire staff as reinforcement to continue the great work they do!
Erskine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel befoe and enjoyed it, however this time it felt dated, not clean or looked after, mostly in the main parts of the hotel. We stayed there for 4 nights, however I asked to be moved to another holiday Inn after 2 days as it was so bad, I didnt get a response from my email, so stuck it out.
The indoor pool was filthy, I wouldnt go in it, the area around the pool was disgusting, unkept and neglected, windows cracked etc. The outdoor pool was not initially opened, it was covered in weeds around the pool area and again very unkept. There was torrential rain during our stay, the windows leaked and the main reception area was covered in towels and buckets. The staff in reception were helpful and friendly, the lady taking breakfast orders was miserable! Food was okay. Overall this was expensive for what we got and wouldnt stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
During the torrential rain you mentioned, we did have a serious issue occur at the front entrance area - hence all the buckets! We have since repaired this issue, and we have no more leaks there! We have also opened our outdoor pool and it is beauriful once again!
I would like to retain your patronage and demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me at (519)893-1211 to try and rectify these valid concerns.

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel several times and they never dissapoint! From check in to check out, everything was fantasic. The staff are very well trained and I love how they are so involved in their community. It is obvious that they have excellent training courses and that all staff have bought into the concept of exceptional customer service. Ate a fantastic dinner in their restaurant as well and was impressed with the local items on their menu. Looking forward to my next stay.....when I will bring my family to enjoy the awesome outdoor pool!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Kitchener a leader in excellence.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at Holiday Inn Kitchener for the first time and it is also a first time with the chain. My parents and I did not have a good overall experience.
Check-in was fine, we were actually "upgraded" to a room on the first level which my family liked. This hotel is spanned over a large property so we had to drive to our room. The downside to this is that the older part of the hotel we're were in is not connected to the main hotel so to get to the desk/restaurant you must drive around to the front or walk quite a distance. Very much a negative quality for us.

Arrived in the room and it seemed fairly clean. Standard w. two double beds. Very small bathroom and the shower is quite low. Another big negative considering one of the family members is 6'2. Also no fan in the washroom, leaving poor ventilation and so the metal accessories in the bathroom were beginning to rust. Also the sink was chipped and poorly fixed. Kleenex box was also only 1/4 full on arrival and ran out quickly.

When we booked our room we received breakfast vouchers for two but at the time of check in we were told the hotel would only cover $20 of the bill and we would have to cover the rest; nothing mentioned about vouchers, we we're assuming that breakfast was around $9 each person anyway so we would just pay $9 extra for the third person. Our breakfast experience was awful. Got to the restaurant in the morning after having to drive around and park at the front. The waitress seemed standoffish but believed she was a new and therefore nervous. We were sat down and then went to the buffet. Normal selection of continental buffet breakfast. The food was mediocre, nothing special. However the floor around the food was extremely sticky which was a big turn off. After our meal we were given our bill which came to $50 and with "tip"(which shouldn't have been given) it jumped to $60 paid in cash. We were appalled by the amount for a buffet continental breakfast even with them saying they would cover $20.
When we were at check out we dealt with the breakfast issue. The man that served us was going to charge us $25 on top of our original bill given which made it from $175 to $200+. My mother proceeded to ask about the breakfast and was told that the hotel only cover $20. Luckily by a saving grace another women who was not helping us pointed out the the hotel was to cover two breakfasts and we pay for one. But with this the man told my mother she must personally go to the restaurant find the waitress and explain the issue herself. I found this quite staggering. Eventually thanks to the women we were returned $50 and the total bill was brought down tot the original price. We checked-out and were on our way.

Not a very good first time experience at the hotel and with the chain itself. Will not being going back due to poor service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
I apologize for the issues you have experienced with service in both the restaurant and the front desk. I believe our staff are some of the best employees around, who demonstrate commitment to their jobs every day, and i would like a chance to show this side of us to you.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at (519)893-1211 to see if we are able to rectify your valid concerns.
Sarnia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I think these people are in the wrong business. The service was adequate, once they noticed I was there. The room was not very clean, and my coffee pot, mugs and bathroom were not cleaned during my stay. The towel that I had used was refolded and put back on the pile of clean towels ( I can only assume they were clean) there was dirt on the furinture and floor, and the mirrors were streaky and it was difficult to see any reflection. The only way I could tell that anyone had been there was that the bed sheets were pulled up. On the positive side, the food was extremely good (once the servers had noticed that I was there) The servers were friendly,(again, after the ten minutes of being ignored) but eye contact seemed to be a big problem with the entire staff. The hospitality industry is a very competitive business, and I believe that the only reason this hotel is still there is because of the name.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
While I am pleased you enjoyed your meals, i apologize for the concerns you expressed over your service, both in the restaurant and with your room. I believe we have some of the best staff in town, and i would like a chance to show you! Please contact me directly at the hotel at (519)893-1211 so that we can attempt to rectify the your valid concerns.
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at several Holiday Inns and Crowne Plazas lately and was not surprised or disappointed by this one in Kitchener. It is what it is, and hotels around the country and beyond are all pretty much the same. This one featured large enough and clean rooms, very comfy beds, good lighting, friendly helpful staff, and one of the biggest bathrooms - with huge mirrors - I have ever seen. The elevator (there was only one) was also super-fast,which was good as I was on the 4th floor. Flat-screen TV was a good size and the furniture was more modern than some I have seen at other Holiday Inns. My only complaint really was with the air conditioning, which was very loud. There was lots of parking available. A friend and I ate supper in the hotel restaurant and it was okay, nothing special, but not cheap either. In the morning, the breakfast buffet was fine, again, nothing special, and not included in the price of the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Kitchener a leader in excellence!
Jennifer

Been to Holiday Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!