“Isn't it a bad omen to turn away travellers?” 2 of 5 stars

You added Wayfare Inn to your Saves list
Wayfare Inn
11 Highway 17 North, Marathon, Ontario P0T 2E0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Marathon
“Isn't it a bad omen to turn away travellers?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Exhausted after a huge haul from B.C my husband and I were hunting for a place to crash. We tried the Norwood motel because of the Great T.A. Reviews but they were full so we went to the only other motel in the town, that being the imperial. The time was 9:45pm. As I am walking up to the office the young front desk girl walks up to the door and locks it right i front of me!!! I looked shocked and she reddened a bit so I asked her if the motel was really closed, she said yeah we are closed! So rude , she couldn't take 5 minutes to put us up!? We had to drive to midnight to get to another place to crash.

Lame

Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Thus place was cheap. We took a road trip and it was the last inn for miles that had a vacancy. The beds were dumpy and sad, the pillows were waffle thin and in general, I did not sleep well. It was cheap, so I would say we got what we paid for but I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Marathon hotels

Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

i stayed 2 nights at this inn and the staff was very friendly and cheerful,,,,actually sat and talked in the evening to the woman there ,,great conversation about the area...room was spacious and very clean,,,,sheets were crisp and clean and i knew they are sent out to be cleaned professionally because pick up of them was done while i was there,,,,great sleep in queen beds,,,no lil red spots showing up "a few" days later,,,,i would certainly stay again and also recomend this hotel to all my travelling friends and family,,,,,,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed here on a roadtrip across Canada, and the car was way to full to find my sleeping bag. I decided I would risk it, and sleep in the sheets. Over the next few days, I noticed painful red spots on different parts of my body, and only realized later that they were from bedbugs. It was s quiet, alright motel overall, but I don't think I would go here again. Bring a sleeping bag!!!

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag! Don't sleep in the sheets!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at this Inn for one week at the first of August and found it to be quite fine, The property is in northern Ontario and is therefor not up to city standards but was clean and well maintained,ample parking. We were there on business and working long hours which required proper sleep. I read a review before going which complained about noise but didn't hear any noise what so ever and will definitely stay again if nessessary.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Albufeira, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

OK we are on a road trip across Canada and so far have had a great time exploring this wonderfull country, after each days friving all we look for is a clean and quiet room to stay in, when we arrived at this hotel we were the only guests, We knew this becuase after asking for a quiet room we were told that we were the only ones, So much to our horor, when at 11:45 whilst we were fast asleep in our bed, a family moved into the room next door and proceeded tp run showers and turn the TV on and there child was very excited as we could hear it all, This is no complaint about the family, they were not to know that the walls were so thin and the plumbing system was so loud that they were in fact keeping us awake, Disgused with the logic of the family being put into the room next door when we asked for a quiet room, I went to find out why this had happened, the young guy at the desk was of no help at all, I actually think he was enjoying our proble. We was told that the only room available was the one next door to ours, something about not wanting Jacuzzi tubs, I cant believe that there is only 2 rooms in the hotel that does not have Jacuzzi tubes, It was just plain stupidity and lack of common sense and respect for our wishes that ruined the night, Oh yes and the family got up early at 7:00am and all had showers again, so we were up as well. Rude staff, VERY VERY noisy rooms. If your the only one in the hotel your will have a grea night, but of like us you have guests next door, Do not expect to be able to sleep. I am so disgusted with this I am qriting this in the room just before we leave today. It juts had to be said.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Everything about this place was tired. Not dirty - not all that clean. Frumpy. Soda in the machine was well past its expiration date. Staff was terrific and helpful. It was the only place in the area that was pet-free. The four of us were the only people staying there that night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Wayfare Inn? Share your experiences!