“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: If arriving by foot, we are on the east side of King between Yonge and Elizabeth. If driving, approach from Midland Ave. between Yonge and Elizabeth, free three hour parking in municipal lot.
AJAX, oN
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Our server was personable and well informed. Our experience was enjoyable and positive overall. We liked the theme of exploration and it was well respresented.

Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“A Midland Must Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went for lunch on a Friday. I had Stanley's flat bread which on that day was with pesto and beef and a side salad. The beef chunks on the flatbread were tender and made to my order of medium rare. Their flavour was extraordinary and they melted in my mouth! My friend had the vegan cabbage roll which was spiced just right. The flavour layering of the rice and veggie filling was delectable. Our server was very attentive and eager to please. She made me a most wonderful virgin margarita for $3. We read the wine list and was impressed by the breadth of selections and very reasonable prices. Can't wait to go back for dinner and sample some of the wines. The place was filled with interesting mementos acquired by the owners who have travelled the world;even to Antarctica.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, ontario
“Great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This continues to be a gem in the Midland area that should. To be missed. The staff went over the top to accommodate my food allergy and ensure that I had a tasty but safe meal...it was excellent. The wine suggestion was very good as well. I had a curry and my husband had the paella, both were very extremely well cooked and presented Just great food and service. No complaints.

Visited March 2013
Midland, Canada
“Cozy restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was good. Like other small town restaurants especially in off season, the service was slow due to lack of staff. (We did come in with a rather large group although we had reservations).

Visited January 2013
Collingwood, Canada
“Vegetarian Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I joined my niece, her husband and infant daughter for an early dinner at the Explorers Cafe last night (March 02/13). We have dined at the Explorer several times before and have never had a bad experience.
My wife and I are both vegetarians and though eating out has become easier over the years, vegetarian options generally consist of existing menu offerings with the meat removed, and often times not even price adjusted. The menu at the Explorers not only offers vegetarian options but are completely willing to modify existing meals in such a way as to make it a delicious choice without the feeling that the meat was simply picked out of it.
Last nights meal consisted of a vegetarian curry with rice, zuchinni, peppers, brussel sprouts flatbread and raita. The soup was a delicious cream of celeriac topped with truffle oil. Our server also showed the courtesy of explaining to us that the soup was not vegan as it contained cream, a simple courtesy that is usually lost for vegetarians in most restaurants.
One of the best features of the Explorers is not even found on the menu, and that is the refreshingly friendly and accommodating staff, who are not afraid to engage in humorous, and relaxed conversation, even if it is with a momentarily unhappy infant.
I would highly recommend the Explorers Cafe for anyone looking to return to an authentic restaurant experience.

• Visited January 2013