“Open on Monday.” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Traditional British Pub Full Service Restaurant 12 Draught on Tap
Sarnia, Canada
“Open on Monday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Since most restaurants in Midland are closed on Monday with our limited choice we found and visited this well hidden place. The food was good, the service acceptable (after they noticed the presence of a group of 5).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kingston, Canada
“As expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Pubs are usually reknown for providing decent food, a good ambiance, good service and reasonable prices and this pub simply fits the bill. No hesitation in recommending this restaurant for a casual an informal meal.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, BC
“Great little hidden spot on the main strip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away off the main strip, this place is defintey worth the visit. Options for all diets, surprisingly great food and menu. Enjoyable for sure!

Oslo, Norway
“3rd time was NOT a charm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Too bad Tripadvisor does not allow reviews to be edited. That being the case, I'll let my first review stand and add this one for balance ... We had visited this pub twice before, once just for drinks (on a previous visit to Midland), the second time for lunch this July. We liked it well enough to return on Tuesday night for the half-price wings special, which would have been fine -- if not for the rudest server we have encountered for quite some time. She acted like she would rather be anywhere else on earth and seemed annoyed by our very presence. Perhaps it's because Cellarman's is frequented more by local regulars than tourists, but she seemed unused to answering simple questions, as if we should have known the answers. In any case, she was impatient and condescending. We ordered 2 rounds of wings, as the first wasn't enough to fill us up. Both times, they gave us a different dip than we ordered. When we politely pointed this out the second time, our server lost it. She barked "Give it to me, give it to me", then stomped off, returning a few minutes later to slam the dip on the table, without a word of apology. This was the only time we left a Midland eatery with a bad taste in our mouths. As I said, we've had good experiences at Cellarman's before, and anyone can have a bad day, but the service on this occasion was so poor that I could not let it slide.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dan L, Owner at Cellarman's Alehouse, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the poor service that you received during your latest visit to Cellarman’s. We strive to provide exemplary customer service to all of our customers - locals as well as tourists - and we definitely failed on this occasion. I have shown your review to all of my staff to reinforce that customer service must be on the top of our minds at all times. I hope that if you are in the area again you will give Cellarman’s a chance for redemption!

Dan - owner
Toronto, Canada
“Love the new menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I just recently stayed in Midland for a few nights and came across this pub. As we had plans for dinner elsewhere that evening, we stopped in just for drinks. The very friendly waitress/owner told us that they were introducing a new menu the next day so we decided to come back the next night for dinner. Are we ever glad that we did!

We ordered one appetizer (whitefish croquettes), and 2 mains - my husband ordered the La Vida Loca burger, and I ordered the woman scorned (chili spiced grilled chicken and rice). Without realizing it, all 3 items were new to the menu. Seriously amazing food for a pub! The croquettes were perfectly crunchy on the outside and a wonderful texture and taste inside; they came with a delicious dipping sauce. My husband's burger was AMAZING, and the fries were some of the best we've ever tasted; fresh cut, fried just right and perfectly salted. My chicken was actually spicy, which I find rare; usually I order spicy dishes which only have a marginal kick; this dish had a serious kick - yum! My only disappointment was that the menu indicated it came with a veggie medley but in fact, it came with some arugula and 2 slices of tomato; not what I'd call a veggie medley, but I am crazy about my vegetables and like to order balanced meals. Frankly, although my dish was good, I wished I would have ordered the burger that my husband had; I can't stress how delicious the burger and the fries were.

This was great quality food and much much more than I would have ever expected from a pub. Don't pass this great pub by!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food