“An oasis in Midland” 5 of 5 stars

705-526-0222
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Georgian Bay's Bamboo Spa. We are situated just up from the harbour, nestled among cafes and boutiques, in beautiful, historic downtown Midland.Known as an eco-chic day spa, we invite you to relax and vacation in our serene and tranquil oasis. Bamboo Spa is the perfect place for bridal parties, loved ones or personal wellness escapes. Whether you require a manicure, pedicure, organic facial, massage, couple's massage or facial, waxing, body treatment or spa package, we offer an array of natural treatments which use non-toxic and organic products.We are also handicap accessible and offer parking in the back.
Midland, Canada
“An oasis in Midland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My experience at the Bamboo Spa was relaxing and very calming. I had a pedicure a week ago and an exotic facial this week. I have experienced "spa" treatments in various shops, but your place is truly a "spa" in all sense of the word.
When I walk through the door, I feel welcomed into your "home" and treated like a special guest. Your staff is very knowledgable and helpful. Gurinder was fantastic ...she is so professional and experienced, and her treatment was exceptional. Thank you for your advise and guidance for daily care of my skin.
Looking forward to my next visit. Congratulations Kathy on your success and kudos to your team!

Visited October 2013
BambooSpa, Owner at Bamboo Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Maria! Wow! What a glowing review! I am so humbled that you took time out of your day to write a review about our little oasis. I am thrilled that you had a good experience with us and look forward to pampering you again in the future!
Kathy & Staff

canada
5 attraction reviews
“I love this spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you are in the Midland, ON area and want the best spa experience, call Bamboo.
It has been over a year since I last sent in a review for Bamboo Day Spa.
The restored older home is very welcoming, one feels warm and cosy and 'at home' as soon as you walk in the door. The staff has changed over the past few years but all are welcoming and friendly and most professional. They obviously love being at Bamboo and what they do.
My friends and I often talk about the wonderful relaxing massages, facials to die for, pedicures to make your feet and toes dance but I think we come back to what makes Bamboo so very special, the ambiance and I guess that does include the whole atmosphere, the staff and all the amenities.
I had a combined facial and massage yesterday, perhaps a little decadent but it was a wonderfully relaxing experience and I still feel the relaxing effects today.
Look forward to my next visit.

Visited October 2013
BambooSpa, Owner at Bamboo Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello again, and thank you so much for taking the time to write your review about your experience at our spa. It really means the world to us. We honestly do try our very best to ensure your stay is as pleasant an experience as possible and we love to hear when we have succeeded. I especially love the fact that you are a return client and took the time to write a second review! Wow! Thank you, thank you thank you so much!
Kathy and Staff
“Not a good experience...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been to many spas in and around the Georgian Bay Area and this was by far the worst experience I've ever had. The older lady with curly hair sitting at the front reception lacked business likecustomer service skills. She didn't seem too polite and acted like all she cared about was the money aspect. She was very cold and unfriendly. It's unfortunate because the massage therapist was very skilled - an amazing massage. Will not be going back any time soon.

Visited October 2012
BambooSpa, Owner at Bamboo Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear BlueJays77:
Wow. Firstly, I would like to say how horribly apologetic I am if in fact you experienced the older lady with the curly hair (me) as rude or money driven. That is certainly NEVER how I want Bamboo Spa or anyone affiliated with the spa to be viewed. Thank you for writing your very first ever review on Tripadvisor about Bamboo Spa, no less than 10 months after your (supposed) visit.
I say that because I have some issues with your review. I did some investigation which you may not have anticipated. You say that you came October 2012, and yet my records for that month show that there are only two clients that came for the first time in that month who were there for the first and only time, and called them both to better understand what I could have possibly done to offend someone so horribly. The one I was able to reach denied that she was the author, and I believed her. Although I was not successful in reaching the second, I was able to determine that I was never even at the spa on the day that the second person visited. I conclude that you do not actually exist, and this review is motivated by something other than a desire to genuinely report your experience. In other words, "BlueJays77" you were in fact never there and this is a bogus "review".
Kathy Kowalsky & Staff
Midland, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Treat yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful and you feel relaxed as soon as you walk in. I usually go for pedicures and am always very happy I decided to go. Great service and always friendly staff make you want to come back.

Visited June 2013
BambooSpa, Owner at Bamboo Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate your business!
ON
6 attraction reviews
“Fabulous experience and wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was there for the Goddess Sita Spa package which was a great mini vacation. The facial was above and beyond my expectations and truly a wonderful experience. The aesthetician was very attentive, professional, and took into consideration any current issues regarding my skin care and nail care. The spa owner Kathy was wonderful as she made sure that both clients and staff needs were looked after resulting in the ultimate spa experience no matter how short and long your stay was. Thank you, I had a wonderful afternoon!

Visited May 2013
BambooSpa, Owner at Bamboo Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review! It was truly our pleasure insuring your stay with us was as relaxing and positive as possible. We look forward to seeing you again!