“Sufficient!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Midland
Pembroke, Canada
“Sufficient!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night, this is a good bet. Our additional requests were satisfied without any hesitation!

The only downside is that the motel is dated, and the walls are rather thin. I have and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Well I really don't know about other people i was there last year for a week and had no problems. the people that work there are very kind and respectful. I had a wonderful experince. I just called today to booked another room for July 2014 vacation to find that they are fully booked up. I even ask them if they get a cancelation to let me know. andi was really looking forward to stay another week there what a bummer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am writing this review because I was looking for somewhere to book a room and was utterly disappointed with the customer service provided. I called and inquired about a room and was given a specific rate which I was told included continental breakfast. Then I was offered the rental of the cottage because were a party of 5 for a certain price. I was asked to call back to make arrangements for my stay because there was a customer there in person. I called back and ended up speaking to someone totally different who said that I could not have the cottage for the rate quoted to me and that the room rate no longer included the continental breakfast. I did book the room as I was in such a fluster. After speaking with the people that I was travelling with, we all decided that the treatment didn't deserve our business and I called and cancelled right away. They either need to get their staff all on the same page as far as rates and details included, or get only one person to deal with bookings. Very, very dissatisfied and glad I will not have to deal with that in person.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I do not understand the terrible reviews. No this is not the Hilton. It is a great motel though. This is our third year coming here. We've always had different rooms, so we know their rooms are clean and bug free. They have swings, a small playground, and a trampoline for the kids. My five year old loves it here. Lots of grass to run barefoot, safely. Location is perfect, close to all attractions. We have paid $65.00 per night, and when staying a week or more, paid $50.00 per night. No we don't get breakfast, but we get a nice place to stay that is clean. I can BBQ, and do every day while watching my daughter play. We are definitely staying here again. Plus, the rates are per night, not per occupant, or based on the size of the room. This year we felt the room was too small for us and a 5 year old, so we asked for a larger room and they handed us another key. No questions, or increased rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I cannot believe the filth. Smelled like old urine. I was waiting for bedbugs to bite but fortunately that didn't happen. Carpets were filthy, at least they changed the sheets but didnt see any other cleaning going on. Absolutely GROSS GROSS GROSS. Inexpensive but not worth the loss of sleep due to the heebie jeebies

i

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Never, never, eveeeer will I recommend this flea-bag hole in the crud-wall. Thought we'd hit the road a little early on our trip. What a mistake ! ! Sleeping in our van would have been much better. Bathroom was not fit to put the mother in law into, Or big enough !! Continental breakfast started with a locked door, they had bread, big margarine they took out of thier own fridge, cruddy old toaster that did not work, when we inquired about it, our 1st response from the old man was "What"? We told him about the toaster, he turned, went into the back and cllosed the door, NEVER to return..... so we are stuck with warm bread now. And honestly, stood there alone.... So we took peanut butter and jam packets and coated the bread. No fruit, eggs, waffles or other stuff. The pictures DID lie very well. Cruddy rooms, cruddy service. Just crud all around. As we were leaving, I tossed all my bread out the window of our car and fed the seagulls in front of their door. :) NEVER go there.... you'll regret it. Oh and we got our money back for the next night's stay. We were'nt stupid twice.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Midland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I had the bad experience of being stuck in this hell hole for 3 weeks. #1They offer ice and a pop machine to their customers the ice machine they refuse to turn on because it would freeze and blatantly lied and told me Pepsi owns the machine. I called Mississauga and checked. The B.B.Q's are not allowed to be used after labor day and the only half decent people there are the grandpa and the children, the owners who run the motel are nasty, unfriendly people who have no inkling of how to treat their customers. Make sure you bring a power bar, all plugs are from the 1950,s if you plan on using their ?????????internet connection???????? I also found a dried booger on the bathroom wall when I first got there.

Room Tip: Do not go to 955 Yonge Street West, in the town of Midland Ontario.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!