“Great place to eat!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My wife and I eat here at least three time a month. The service is consistently good and the staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurant is always busy and as well as ourselves, there are a large number or regulars. Behind the bar is a very capable and efficient bartender. She knows her stock very well and remains cool and fast on her feet no matter how busy the bar happens to be. A number of my friends are regulars here too and we frequently come as a group. The food is very good and the prices are very reasonable. This is one of the best restaurants in Newmarket. How do we know? We have lived here for over thirty years and eat out frequently.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newmarket, Canada
“The worst meal I've had in years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

this was one of the worst meals I (we) have had in years. Each course had its problems. The worst was their Sunday special prime rib. I ordered med-rare and when I received it, it looked well done. I showed the waitress and she asked me to cut into it and she showed me it was red in the middle. Does this mean that it was cut and then re-cooked? Are you kidding! It came with under cooked roasted potatoes and some poorly cooked red and green peppers. Don't even get me started on the other plates we ordered. The service matched the food. The waitress (mgr/owner?) took no intrest in seeing that we were/were not enjoying our meal. My wife asked for some water with her meal of course she forget nor did she ask if anyone else wanted water. How do they get away with serving such trash they call food.

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best French Onion Soup I've had in a restaurant. Great atmostphere, and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009