“Smooth Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gravenhurst, Canada
“Smooth Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stay here for a week after my surgery. Everything was perfect. The room was nice, the staff was great, and it was very quiet. We had an end motel unit. We ate at the Buttery for most meals.....awesome. I recommend this hotel/motel to any one wishing a trouble free visit!

Room Tip: The end motel unit was the best! Quiet, private, and perfect!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Wendy S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you after your procedure. I trust that your surgery went well and that you are on the mend just in time for Spring arriving. I will pass on your compliments to the owners of the Buttery Restaurant. We try to do our best with all our Southlake Hospital guests.
Take care and continued good health.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This Best Western provides all you expect from a large, reasonably-priced chain. Of special note were the beds. Found them exceptionally comfortable. We had a interior room with two beds. Room included the usual coffee maker. No mini bar, but a small refrigerator if you want to store drinks or food. No free breakfast, so ate at the Buttery Restaurant attached to the hotel. Food was good, and location convenient. I had an afternoon appointment at the local hospital, and the plan was for my wife to accompany me. However, she was not feeling well, and wanted to stay in the room. I spoke to the person at the front desk, and she arranged for us to have a late (4:00 p.m.) checkout with no additional charge. Because I booked our room so that I could go to the hospital the next day, I got the "hospital rate" (about 1/3 less than the regular rate). While in the room in the evening, we could hear guests in other rooms. Didn't turn out to be a great problem when it became time to sleep. Heating/Air a bit noisy.
Pros: friendly, efficient staff (both evening and day), comfortable beds, special "hospital rate', good restaurant nearby.
Cons: able to hear voices of other guests.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Retired Cruiser,

First, I must say that I smiled when I read your email signature of" Retired Cruiser", very clever. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you during your hospital visit. We try to do our best as we recognize that this can be a stressful time for our guests.Hopefully all went well. If you need to be in the area again, I trust you will consider us.
Take care.
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Sitting in the hotel room writing this review. No complaints accept the fact that these are the least soundproofed walls I've ever experienced in a hotel. I can hear a woman talking quite clearly. I can tell she's not talking loudly at all. It seems as though it's not just traveling through the wall, but also through the ceiling. I do however like that the remote is in this little bag saying 'fresh remote' leading me to believe that they sanitize the remote.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear JohnStratTC,
Thank you for your review and for noting your observation regarding the sound level. We commenced a new and improved cleaning procedure for all our rooms. One of the steps is to sanitize the remote and then place it in a new bag ready for the in coming guest.
Again thank you and we have taken not of your comment. Safe travels.
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I work in Aurora and had to be in for the morning and I did not want to have to drive home in a major snow storm. The closest hotel was the Howard Johnsons in Aurora and I drove right past it to get to the Best Western. The room was clean the bed was comfortable and they even reduced the rate for the night because of the storm. The front desk staff was great on both check in and check out. This is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Barbara B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Karatemikew,

Thank you very much for your review and in particular for staying with us. That was quite the storm and you were wise to not attempt to drive back and forth to work. We offered the special snow storm rate to alleviate the stress of having to drive in those difficult road conditions.
Thank you again and hopefully Spring is not too far away!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a family event close by. I was overly impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms as well the restaurant was fabulous! Great service and they make you feel like family. The Sunday breakfast buffet was delicious! I am mostly impressed with their service. I had forgotten my phone charger in my room. The hotel offered to mail it to me with no additional costs. Thank you best western for a lovely stay. I will be sure to return again.

• Stayed January 2013
Barbara B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Sara Hummel,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. The Buttery Restaurant is independently owned and operated and have been with us for over 23 years. Their Brunch is exceptional and well received.We recognize how disconcerting it can be to leave something behind in a room so we do our best to return the item upon the guest's request.I trust your family event was memorable and we would be delighted to host you again on another visit.
Your compliments were greatly appreciated and we wish you and your family all the best in 2013.
Barbara Bartlett General Manager
Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I too was suprised by the unassuming appearance of the hotel and I actually missed it when I was looking for it as its tucked in by a car dealer. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very helpful. I was extremely impressed as I was there on one of their deep cleaning days and saw the extent of the mattress, carpet and furniture cleaning that was going on above and beyond the housekeeping that was going on at the same time. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Barbara B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear mfougere,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. The deep cleaning programme is on-going at our hotel. As you noted, all rooms receive this additional cleaning in rotation throughout the year, which is over and above our daily cleaning. The staff are very proud of their work and I have posted your review in the lunch room.
Again thank you for acknowledging their hard work and we would be delighted to be able to host you on another visit.
We wish you all the best in 2013.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Voyageur Place Hotel? Share your experiences!