“A pleasant surprise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Newmarket Inn

You added Newmarket Inn to your Saves list
Newmarket Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18667 Old Yonge Street, Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 4V8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Newmarket
Orillia, Canada
“A pleasant surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were happy with our stay. It was a last minute long-weekend stay and the Inn was very accommodating. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious even with the kitchenette/eating area. Requesting a smoking room you're always a little leery of there being a strong smoke odor however that was not the case and pleasant for myself (the non-smoker of the two of us). The one downfall I found was only 2 towels in the bathroom however a call to the front desk and that was quickly remedied. Checking in was quick and the staff very pleasant and helpful. Passing this location many times I had no idea how large it is. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
NewmarketInn, Front Office Manager at Newmarket Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good morning,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Newmarket Inn and we hope you were able to take time to walk through our beautiful gardens in the back during your stay! Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Front Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

spent two nights, nice rooms courteous staff, continental breakfast was good yes it was at the front desk but we ate outside of our rooms with a great view. beds a little hard but sleepable....great pool, hottub....nice location out of the way of the stress & busy of the burbs just mins away from friends we were visiting in Bradford...will stay here again.....cant understand why u would want to watch movies in a room u r staying in for just one or two nights....of course some people just like to complain if everything aint perfect....u want the Ritz Cartlon treatment stay somewhere else but New\market Inn is the a good value for the family or just for a stop over. Will recommend it to friends

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NewmarketInn, Front Office Manager at Newmarket Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Dan!
Thank you for providing feedback! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Have a great day!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stay here two or three times per year. ( and have been for the last 4 or 5 years) We have found it clean,quiet, staff friendly, great pool,adequate FREE breakfast, I can't imagine they would allow the filming to have taken place had they known. It is very family friendly. I highly recommend it. Value for your money. It is not 5 star but you are not paying those prices! Bring your own soap if it is too small!!

Room Tip: We have been happy in all the rooms ( but the ones above the pool are handy if you use the pool a lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NewmarketInn, Front Office Manager at Newmarket Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for continually choosing the Newmarket Inn and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Likely my worst hotel experience. Advertises pay per view movies - nope. No security/privacy lock on door. Rock hard beds. One tiny bar of soap. Shampoo packages virtually impossible to open. Unexpected and un-warned drop at front door into room (my back is still sore). Breakfast is served in front of front desk with two tiny tables and a pointless small assortment of food. List of rules on door including "no guests after 11:00" makes you feel very welcome. Constant noise on walkway outside of rooms all night including slamming of doors. Booked a non-smoking room, but the smokers that kept walking in front of room at night pretty much contradicted that.

Not coming back and not recommending. It might be ok as a old-school road side motel... just a bed to sleep in, but not at the rates they charge.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
NewmarketInn, Front Office Manager at Newmarket Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guest
We thank you for your comments and are sorry that your stay was not as expected.
We provide the small size soaps for all guests as that is all that is needed for 1 night.The Continental breakfast has quite the variety and the tables and chairs in the lobby are sufficient most days. Sometimes they are all in use, so the guests bring their breakfast to their room. We will definately look at adding more seating for our guests. Guests do smoke outside and are free to do so, but if they are causing disturbance, we do ask them to be more quiet. We pride ourselves as offering an overnight or longer stay with clean and comfortable rooms at an economical price.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

For starters I got to witness an adult film being taped with the blinds wide open (the girl wasn't even hot)... Which made me sleep uncomfortable, can't say I was too excited to sleep in those sheets..

The lady at the front desk at night was weird and very stern and I kinda felt like she could easily pull a gun out and shoot me when I asked if they have any vending machines. She told me they had a vending room... "Vending room" that is. 3 options of canned pop, 2 options of chips and condoms...(no surprise)

Rooms were so out dated and run down. I haven't seen a tube tv in 7 years. There were holes in my towels. Breakfast was below average and tasteless.

The only positive thing I saw was that the lady working front desk in the morning was a HUGE improvement, and the gardens are beautiful. Except there's a constant buzzing outside...

Would never willingly stay again, unless I was kidnapped and murdered there, which wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest
We are sorry that you were witness to what happened at our Inn. The guests in question were asked to leave as soon as we found out what was going on, we had no part in what was going on, we just rented a room to a couple as we always do. We pride ourselves as having good clientele at our Inn. We provide a Complimentary Continental breakfast with a good variety of breads, fruit, juice and coffees. All TV's have all been changed to LG flat screens as well. The vending machine can get low at times but we do have stock of products that we could have got for you.
We take all comments seriously and make the changes necessary. If we know how we can make your stay better, we certainly do try.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are a hockey parent and have lots of stuff or if you are 4 people, these rooms are pretty large and we had one with a full kitchen. We didn't use anything accept the fridge, which was really handy. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room was clean, but I wouldnt pull out the furniture an check as I did behind the night stand. The decor is a little tired, but still ok in my books. The room had a large flat screen t.v. which was nice. You can park right outside your door, which I like, not having to drag my luggage so far.

The area is convenient to all the big box stores and not too far from the mall, I would say a good location. No restaurant on site and not one near by. Breakfast in the morning was decent. Great coffee and pastries; pefect I am not a big breakfast person.

I would go back again, sometimes it is hard to find a vacancy in Newmarket, a hockey town, so this is great for that, but I was on a shopping trip with my g/f's and would have liked a restaurant on site.

The only thing I would suggest is they spend a little more money on their handsoap and tissues. My hands smelled worse after I washed them

Room Tip: The second story rooms are available to the pool from inside. My room # 67 was outside motel style...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We recently had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Inn for our hockey tournament this past weekend. Upon arrival, the front staff were friendly and courteous and allowed us an early check in, but this place is a total dump. Everything is outdated, and left me feeling gross and itchy! You need to let the water run for at least 15 minutes to get it just warm enough to get in.

In addition, one of the rooms out back had an 'adult film' being taped!

Never again will I stay at the Inn. I would have much rathered drive back and forth to Toronto daily!

Room Tip: stay away from the front rooms facing the highway - too much noise from the cars.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest

We are sorry that you felt to compare us to the Bates Motel. We all do our very best to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room in a country setting close to city amenities. The movie you mentioned was asked to leave as soon as we found out about it. We do not allow such things and would not have rented them a room had we know. Our water comes from 3 safe wells on the property so it does take some time for the hot water to get to the rooms.
We have updated some rooms with new Flat screen TV's and are looking to do more changes while trying to keep the rooms affordable for our guests.
We do appreciate your feedback.

Newmarket Inn

Been to Newmarket Inn? Share your experiences!