“It was spacious!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Newmarket
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“It was spacious!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are a hockey parent and have lots of stuff or if you are 4 people, these rooms are pretty large and we had one with a full kitchen. We didn't use anything accept the fridge, which was really handy. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room was clean, but I wouldnt pull out the furniture an check as I did behind the night stand. The decor is a little tired, but still ok in my books. The room had a large flat screen t.v. which was nice. You can park right outside your door, which I like, not having to drag my luggage so far.

The area is convenient to all the big box stores and not too far from the mall, I would say a good location. No restaurant on site and not one near by. Breakfast in the morning was decent. Great coffee and pastries; pefect I am not a big breakfast person.

I would go back again, sometimes it is hard to find a vacancy in Newmarket, a hockey town, so this is great for that, but I was on a shopping trip with my g/f's and would have liked a restaurant on site.

The only thing I would suggest is they spend a little more money on their handsoap and tissues. My hands smelled worse after I washed them

Room Tip: The second story rooms are available to the pool from inside. My room # 67 was outside motel style...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We recently had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Inn for our hockey tournament this past weekend. Upon arrival, the front staff were friendly and courteous and allowed us an early check in, but this place is a total dump. Everything is outdated, and left me feeling gross and itchy! You need to let the water run for at least 15 minutes to get it just warm enough to get in.

In addition, one of the rooms out back had an 'adult film' being taped!

Never again will I stay at the Inn. I would have much rathered drive back and forth to Toronto daily!

Room Tip: stay away from the front rooms facing the highway - too much noise from the cars.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
NewmarketInn, Front Office Manager at Newmarket Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear guest

We are sorry that you felt to compare us to the Bates Motel. We all do our very best to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room in a country setting close to city amenities. The movie you mentioned was asked to leave as soon as we found out about it. We do not allow such things and would not have rented them a room had we know. Our water comes from 3 safe wells on the property so it does take some time for the hot water to get to the rooms.
We have updated some rooms with new Flat screen TV's and are looking to do more changes while trying to keep the rooms affordable for our guests.
We do appreciate your feedback.

Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

You want to help out the little guys but Hitchcock might have used this place as inspiration. We paid almost $100/night on hotels.com and probably could have paid less. Avoid the second floor if you can because it's a walk outdoors on an exposed staircase. Main likes: clean room, comfortable beds. Main dislikes: somewhat dated, formica/fluorescent look, tiny complimentary soaps, limited breakfast options. Swimming pool was closed due to mechanical problems. Drive carefully in/out as the entrance parallels a road that is quite busy in the morning.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests and make any changes that we can to make their stay a nice one. We have added Flatscreen TV's to all rooms and more options for the Continental Breakfast. The exterior concrete stairs are very safe and cannot be changed unless we renovate the total building. We do have many other rooms located on the property at ground level that may be an option for a future stay.
The pool and hot tub are normally always available, but need to be closed if their is any reason for our guests safety, We thank you again for your comments and hope that one day you visit us again.

niagara falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

stayed overnight at Newmarket Inn for the first time on July 14, 2013., and we were very pleased with hotel.Stayed in room #17. There were no surprises, as we checked it out on trip advisor prior to going.
..... Room-was quite dated but was very clean! Congrats to the owners and their hard working staff for letting us stay in such a "pristine" room. Air conditioning was wonderful and kept our room nice and cold. Both my husband and I really need a nice "cold" room and we were very comfortable! Older model t.v. (not a flat screen), but worked well and had a lot of channels. Found the beds very comfortable also. ...and we're quite fussy with quality of beds we sleep in.
........Staff- was very pleasant and friendly. we actually arrived before check in time, and were checked in and given key ....after telling her we wouldnt be back to room till later in evening.
............Continental breakfast....very nice!!! very good coffee!!!!( we are coffee lovers) ...and other goodies,cereal ,donuts,toast,,etc
Would like to also say that the cost was so much lower than other hotels around newmarket. If you're looking for a clean, basic hotel to stay at, we would highly recommend staying at this hotel. Looking forward to visiting this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stay at the Newmarket Inn when I visit Toronto area. The rooms are large with housekeeping units, with a fridge, cooking elements, microwave and equipped kitchen. The bathroom area has a separate sink area with lots of space for all your items if you are staying for a longer stay you'll have room for everything even with your family. There's a swimming pool and beautiful grounds, to look out onto the farmland in the back. The property is surrounded by beautiful flowers, they take very good care of all the lovely gardens. It is so close to great shopping, and you can get anything you could ever want, just minutes away with plenty of restaurants to choose from and name brand stores, plus it's just minutes from the 404 to get you to Toronto city quickly. You can always come back to the Newmarket Inn after a night on the town or a busy day making business calls or visiting. It's country quiet and a relief from the city hustle bustle!

In the morning you can grab yourself a continental breakfast and choose from a good selection of breakfast items like muffins and toast, juice and coffee.

Newmarket Inn is a small business that takes care of their customers, support your local business! And remember, there are always bad reviews, but you must be able to trust the source!

The only thing missing in my room was a Bible :(

Room Tip: There are some very nice big rooms with full kitchen in the back/south side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Door had been recently kicked in and patched up. Fireplace did not work, long hair in jacuzzi. Wasn't mine. Creepy old people popping up randomly, staring like we were not suppose to be there, smelly water, really smelly.

• Stayed July 2013
Port Elgin, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed along the front row of rooms last month for a week. The woman at the front desk was not overly friendly any time I saw her throughout my stay, the man was very much friendly and helpful with directions. When I first pulled back the sheets there was hair in the bed. It could of come off the floor when the chamber maid was making the bed, the other bed in the room was clean. The bed was very uncomfortable, burn holes in the old motel type of bedspread, even though it's a non smoking room. The pool is WONDERFUL, no towels at the pool, have to get one from the room or front desk. The kitchenette was nice to have for my week stay. I felt safe with all the cameras around the buildings. I could hear noise from traffic first 2 nights of my stay, guess I got used to it for the rest of the nights. It was nice to not be right in the city, more countryside, yet a 3 min drive into the city, shopping and groceries.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Newmarket Inn? Share your experiences!