“Vegetarian delight in Owen Sound !” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Montreal, Canada
“Vegetarian delight in Owen Sound !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We thought we could not escape another meal chez Tim Horton when we were doing a road trip in Bruce peninsula. But then, we walked by this vegetarian eatery with a big bright window with a huge bleeding carrot on the mural. We had a fantastic home cooked meal: started with a thick aromatic vege chowder, then I shared with my partner a hummus dip with nan bread (yummy). My main dish was a well prepared couscous salad with lots of fresh crunchy goodies on top. All that for $15. Great food in a small sleepy town. Thanks guys.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kingston, Canada
“Very fresh smoothies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Bleeding Carrot is a really terrific hub in downtown Owen Sound. I've had a couple smoothies that were amazing and the coffee is always fresh. They also sell some homemade foods such as jams, relishes and i got this excellent salsa that was hot sweet and a hit at our family gettogether. Oh and the wall has every poster of every event happening, in the area. Great vibe.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Owen Sound, Canada
“Not as "homemade" as they say”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have eaten here twice now, and both times, the food was just adequate. I had falalfal and it wasn't very tasty....I think they were made the day before and they just reheated them, the pita was stale, so when I went to eat it, it fell apart. The chips and salsa they give as a side are store bought, NOT made from scratch. That was disappointing as they advertise "made from scratch", so I though everything would be homemade. I have not tried the smoothies.....I have heard those are decent but overall, everything is overpriced. Service is VERY slow.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Owen Sound, Canada
“Well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Bleeding Carrot is well worth a stop for either breakfast or lunch. It has a menu that is fresh daily and made right in the restaurant. Items are made from scratch with fresh ingredients. We have never been disappointed with what we have ordered and especially like their soup(s) of the day. Give it a try and I am sure you will not be disappointed. It has a spacious seating area and it has a very light and airy feeling that adds to the enjoyment of the food.

• Visited April 2013