“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Owen Sound

You added Travelodge Owen Sound to your Saves list
Travelodge Owen Sound
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   880 10th Street East, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 1T4, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Sudbury, Canada
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I stayed there one night. Person who checked us in was nice. Upon entering the room I noticed a 9mm bullet and a pen on the bed, which I thought was weird to say the least. The toilet seat wasn't clean, but besides that I thought the room was ok.I had a good night's rest, the bed was comfy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Barrie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

1st room they put us in....
sink ran .. not dripped.. ran constantly, went to the toilet once and it was leaking, patio door didn't open and it was only air sorce into room (we are smokers but need something opened as we don't want to sit in it all night!) heater wouldn't go warm.. smelled like dead animal..

2nd room (we stayed here)
heater was good, window openened (no patio door) bathroom was good.. (other than dirtyness which because of problems in first room we didn't even notice)
the decor and cleanliness is horrible.
beer caps, beads and gummy bears were found inder the sides of the bed, under the cushion in the chair.. just nasty stuff..
Night table has spilt pop or something down the side and on the back on the wallpaper. Over all they need higher standards in clanliness and some newer furniture and it may be worth the price i paid then.

• Liked — Jacks in TV to plug our Wii system in
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and quality
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

We are a family of four who stayed at the Travelodge in Owen Sound as we were in town for a hockey tournament. Hotel looked fine from the outside but when you walked in the front entrance all you could smell was stale smoke! The room needed a good cleaning and carpet was dirty and smelly. I went out and bought some room deorderizers to try and freshen the room up but it only worked a little bit. Hallway was smelly and dirty. They had smoking rooms on each floor (the clerk said two or so per floor and that they were near the exit - big deal - the hallways always smelled of smoke and if you were stuck in a non smoking room beside a smoking room forget it. The smoke game thru the ventilation).
When we arrived we had no kleenex in the bathroom and only one roll of toilet paper. I asked some of the other parents and they all found the same when they arrived. If you had any type of disability or difficulty carrying anything heavy you had problems if you did not get a ground floor room. No elevator and in fact no handicap buttons on the entrance doors. We had to haul our stuff upstairs - it took two trips. I have never written one of these before but this hotel was the worst we have ever stayed in (and we have been to quite a few tournaments over the years, in various sized towns and cities and have never, ever stayed in anything so disgusting). I didn't go to the breakfast but was told there was the usual fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc. but the toaster was broken. I would have changed hotels but everything was booked because of the tournament. The hotel would have been acceptable if had been clean and did not smell so bad of smoke.

The only thing nice to say is the staff did they best could and were always friendly.

• Liked — Not Much - Staff ok
  • Disliked — Dirty, Bad Smells, Rooms not easily accessible
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arborg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Was arriving late into Owen Sound with plans to catch the ferry next morning across Georgian Bay so didn't have time to drive around. The TravelLodge is at the crossroads of the highway and main street so stopped here. The price I found high having just come from Ottawa and staying in the downtown for less with much more amenities in the area. Anyhow the room looked clean but the phone number written on the wall by the phone I found disconcerting. The bathroom had signs of mildew on the grout and walls, while the bathtub stopper was black with spots of the original white rubber showing through. Had a decent sleep with no noise but in the morning woke up to find I had been sharing the bed with a couple of spiders. In the shower I noticed that the complimentary shampoo bottle's lable was wrinkled as if it had many a shower and there was no seal on the bottle to indicate it was new. Now if I had paid a paltry sum for the room I wouldn't have minded but for what a person is charged I would have expected a new bottle of shampoo. Breakfast was basic cold cereal and make your own toast but again I refer to my Ottawa experience where I had a decent selection fo cereals, hot or cold, yogourts, fruits, teas, coffees, toast, cheese. On checking out I told the desk clerk about the phone number on the wall and the woman just stared at me as if she was trying to figure out why I would bother her with that piece of trivia. No apology or attempt to make it sound like she was concerned so I suggested she might want to get someone to clean it off the wall. I wish I had driven on even five minutes more as there were small local motels that probably would have been a better deal for ones dollar.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
waterloo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

We just returned from the travelodge in Owen Sound. We booked a couple days in advance for a mini-holiday at Sauble Beach. We booked on the monday for a Wednesday check in and requested a roll-away-bed as we have 3 children. The gentlemen that registered our stay was very nice and told us that it would be no problem for the roll-away-bed. I called on the morning of our check in to let them know that we would be checking in late and that if they could have the roll-away-bed ready in the room it would be appreciated. The girl at the front desk told me it was request only and would not confirm. I called back 2 hours later and she still did not know but would see what she could do. I left the reservation as is due to no availability in the area. We arrived at 10 pm at night with 3 tired children. I asked at the front desk if the extra bed was in the room but the girl did not know. She told me to look in our room. There was no extra bed, no extra towels and no extra blankets. The staff was very unprofessional and no effort was taken what so ever. The room was dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. The blankets given to us after I requested at the front desk had stains and cigeratte burns in them. One of my children had to sleep on the floor. To top it all off there was several baseball teams partying during the night and in the halls inbetween our room. We had to call the front desk 3 times until the noise settled down after 1:30 in the morning. I was not impressed with this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

I am not sure why some people gave bad reviews. Maybe in 2005 it was old looking, but I just went there the past weekend and I was really impressed. The whole motel was newly renovated with great size rooms. Me and my family went down for a hockey game and I was happy. The service and rates were great, I really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The lady working in the morning was really nice and was very helpful. The man working in the evening was really funny and helped us take our bags to our rooms which was surprising. I will be coming back for sure. I recommend this place to everyone.

• Liked — I really think that the quality of stay is great for the price and service is great.
  • Disliked — There was no weightroom, but its a motel so I cant complain
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed here for the Canadian Tandem Rally. Overall the place isn't fancy, but our room was decent. There was one nasty glitch, in that a towel was hanging on the back of the bathroom door. The towels had obviously been replaced, but the room attendant hadn't bothered to notice that one.

While we were there (3 nights) the room was made up promptly and the linens were clean and in good shape. I should note there were some mildew spots on the caulk in the tub, though not large and disgusting ones.

Front desk service was friendly and helpful, too. They did a decent job of serving our group breakfast in the meeting room, but we did run out of coffee on Sunday morning for too long.

From prior reviews I thought it would be a terrible place, but it was very serviceable for the price.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Owen Sound? Share your experiences!