“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Owen Sound B&B and Inns
Dumfries scotland
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

Stayed for one night and wished we had booked another night. Made so welcome and extremely helpful with what to do locally.
Would definetly stay again.

• Liked — the decor and friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Paul & Linda made our group of 3 couples feel right at home. We enjoyed a glass of wine together on their lovely porch. Linda recommended a great restaurant in town which we could walk to- it was excellent. Later that evening, she played requests on the grand piano- no sheet music, anything you want to hear played to perfection. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. You can't find a more beautiful home with more gracious hosts. They truly have a passion for what they are doing. (I felt so at home I almost forgot to pay!) Best B & B we have stayed at in Canada.

• Liked — hospitality of the hosts
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

I have just spent three wonderful nights at the Highland Manor Inn Bed and Breakfast. Linda and Paul made me feel very welcome, as they always have over the years. This time I stayed in "The Ross", the first room my husband and I stayed in seven years ago. My husband is no longer able to travel and everyone was encouraging me to have a little holiday. Linda and Paul certainly made me feel comfortable. The breakfasts are delightful and different every morning. Linda works her magic in the kitchen and Paul is ever ready with a pot of specially brewed coffee. Their conversation is warm and friendly and I didn't feel lonely on my own, nor did I feel crowded.

Being on my own I finally had the time to wander through the library and music room and look at all the treasures that Linda and Paul have collected over the years. Actually the whole house is full of the feelings of a long ago past. This is certainly the place to come and stay for a break away from the madness of everyday life. There is such an air of quietness and privacy.

• Liked — Top Quality of accomidation and service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

Excellent B&B in an impressive manor and very friendly and helpful owners. Their breakfast was different and very good and in our room we had the chance to sleep in a tempur-pedic mattress which made our stay even more comfortable. We have liked the mattress so much that we bought one for our bedroom when we came back home.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

We enjoyed private rooms and baths, common meeting area with fireplace and wonderful decor appropriate to the Manor. Our hosts were friendly and most accommodating and made every effort to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. Highly recommended if you like to enjoy a grand Victorian house!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

My husband and I recently came back from a weekend stay at the Highland Manor hotel. The inn is authentic and romantic, filled with treasures, incredible antiques, history and character. The owners are a pleasure - very hospitable, eager to help you make the most of your stay and very knowledgable about the area's history and attractions. We were lucky to be invited to share a glass of wine with them on the property's beautiful wrap-around veranda overlooking its gardens, and learned all about the area and the house itself. THere was a salmon derby going on that same w/e; we hear that the fishing in the area is fantastic.

Would highly recommend the inn for anyone looking to get away and relax but also do a little sightseeing.

Mariela
Toronto, Ontario

Stayed September 2007
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

My husband, Joe, and I just returned from our trip to Canada. We are new B & B owners ourselves and chose this Inn because it seemed similar (albeit even more grand) than our own. We are not sorry for making the trip. The owners, Paul and Linda, were welcoming from the first moment of contact. They spent many hours listening to us and giving us input and feedback about our new B & B. They were extremely helpful and gracious. I am sure that they are just as hospitable to every guest that walks through their doors! Their Inn is spotlesslessly clean and very well appointed. The grandeur is pleasing and amazing. Our room was large with an extremely comfortable, high quality mattress and high end bedding. As someone who has spent the last 30 years going to B & B's, I can honestly say that the Highland Manner exceeds expectations and is truly top in its class! Kudos to Linda and Paul!

Marla Queen
[--]

Stayed August 2007

Been to The Highland Manor? Share your experiences!