“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound

You added Comfort Inn Owen Sound to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Owen Sound
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   955 9th Avenue East, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 6N4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Toronto, Canada
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a great stay in Owen Sound! The staff were friendly always had a smile on their faces. Our room was clean and comfy not to mention the new tv. I had no problem at all with the WiFi, had a great connection. Plenty selection for breakfast. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for you kind review of our hotel. Our staff strives for the best and we are glad to hear your stay reflected that. Thank you again we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'm sure the economics of running a chain hotel in a smaller city can be challenging. But in this case, the "comfort" in Comfort Inn seemed to stretch the term a bit. We stayed here for a night during the Thanksgiving weekend. The staff seemed friendly enough. But we found the bed was rock hard (mind you, some people may like that). The some of the furniture, like the couch, looked a little the worse for wear. The walls seemed paper thin. I could hear every word of a marathon phone conversation a woman in the next room was having at 2 a.m. There were streaks of bird poop on our window. The bathroom was okay, but there was not much water pressure from the taps. I couldn't seem to get the WiFi to work with my phone, but maybe that was just me. The breakfast area has been shoe-horned into the small lobby area, so it's very cramped. Generally, not much here in the way of amenities. Overall, I loved Owen Sound. But our accommodations left me feeling that maybe we should have spent an extra 40 or 50 bucks to stay at a slightly higher end place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We apologize about your bed being not to your liking. We are currently under-going some updates to our property we have just received flat screen TV’s and are awaiting the delivery of new beds/furniture. It is unfortunate that you were disturbed by another guest we would have been more than willing to speak to the guest beside you or find a new room to your liking. We have noticed with certain devices it is hard to connect to our WiFi because of specific settings. If our front desk clerk could not help with the issue (unfamiliar with devices settings) we would be more than willing to contact support to help you get online. We appreciate your feedback and look hope to see you again in the future.
Medicine Hat, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is hotel looks great from the outside and is in a great setting. The general appearance of the inside of the building and the rooms is of a hotel that has been let go by an owner who is taking everything out and putting nothing back in. Carpets in the hallways on the first floor, where our room was, were filthy. Our room was run down and quite dirty. We were going to stay four nights but checked out after one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate any feedback from our guests and use tripadvisor as a valuable tool to determine what we are doing right and what we need to change. Thank you for noticing our nice exterior, throughout the summer we did numerous upgrades to the exterior and interior of our property. Unfortunately it takes some time to complete these upgrades and we still have a few rooms that are currently in the process of being upgraded. If this concern had of been brought up with the front desk they would have gladly switched your room. We do apologize your stay was not to your liking, and hope you give us another try in the near future.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Second time we have stayed at this location. Stayed Sunday through Tuesday so the Place was not very busy. Very quiet, Close to downtown. There are several restaurants nearby that give you a 10% discount by showing your room key.

The room was very clean and well appointed. The air conditioning unit was noisy when operating and it was a fairly old unit.

Continental breakfast was included and had a good assortment of items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank pabbwb you for your pleasant review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and discount at some great restaurants close by. We are very sorry to hear the A/C in the room was too loud we would have gladly switched your room if we had another available. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The rooms were in dire need for a face lift. The air conditioning is an old unit and didn't work in our first room. The television was a small crt type and the bed was squashed even before lying down on it. The furniture was scratched and old looking. Definitely not what we expected considering the hefty price and the name of what we thought was a reputable chain. On the up side the front desk staff were very friendly and tried to make our stay satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you PitaMooch for your review of our hotel. We take very review seriously and use them as a valuable tool to improve our guests’ experience. Comfort Inn Owen Sound is currently undergoing some changes and has currently updated most of the rooms in our hotel including new flat screen T.V.’s beds and furniture. We apologize your room was not to your liking we are in the process of updating the remaining rooms.
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

While Owen Sound itself was amazing, the Comfort Inn was far from amazing. When I booked the room, I made sure that I checked 2 adults and 3 children. The rooms are only double beds so we would need a roll away bed for our third child. We also have a dog so I called the hotel after booking my room online and asked how much it would be to bring our dog. When I talked to the girl at front desk, I asked for a fridge and microwave. I was informed at that time that I WOULD have a fridge (after going through a pile of what I feel were irrelevant questions), but no rooms were equipped with a microwave...not a big deal about the microwave though. So we get to the hotel on Friday, check in and head up to our room. Under the air conditioner I found a bottle of water from the previous guest (again, not a huge deal, but housekeeping should have found it!) and NO fridge and NO cot! At this point I wasn't very happy, but went and talked to front desk on our way out to dinner. The told me there wasn't much they could do. I asked what about on Saturday if we could get a fridge. They said they'd try. Saturday morning I went after eating my breakfast (which wasn't all that great, it was poorly stocked and way too crowded) and asked about a fridge. The one lady basically told me too bad there wasn't anything they could do. I reminded her that I was told I would have one and that I was supposed to have a cot. They did both Friday and Saturday say that if need be, I could use their's (I was on second floor at the opposite end of the hotel) and I said no, it was too much of an inconvenience. They did later call up to our room and offered to switch us. So we switched rooms to a little bit cleaner of a room. But yet again, NO cot!!!! When we checked out this morning, they still charged us for the cot for the two nights. My husband didn't realize it so I went in to have the correct it and neither of the girls on front desk knew how to reverse the charges! And to top it all off, I wasn't the only one that they screwed up the charges on! I'll have to wait until tomorrow when the General Manager calls me back to see how they will rectify the situation. I might not be writing this if they had have at least apologized for all the inconveniences and screw ups that they did, but never once did I get an apology! The one front desk girl even acknowledged all the problems and still didn't apologize! I am a manager at a hotel myself (unfortunately my chain doesn't have our own hotel in Owen Sound) and NEVER EVER would we treat our guests this way and not apologize! I guess my next visit to Owen Sound I will be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you Beth B for your review of our hotel. We apologize that a room with a microwave was not available. We let our guests know things like this are treated as a request because sometimes there are circumstances that would prevent us from fulfilling this request. In the future please note that everything on the ground floor is guaranteed a microwave fridge and patio access. Finding anything in a room however little from a previous stay is absolutely unacceptable this issue will be investigated and dealt with accordingly. It troubles us to hear that you did not get the cot as requested it should have been brought down when you requested and we are sincerely sorry. Our front desk staff is capable of reversing charges however on that day things were extremely busy and when front desk attempted to reverse the charges our system would not let them which caused them to think they were doing it wrong. The next day the charges were reversed if you have any questions please feel free to contact the hotel directly.
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have 2 people staying in one single bed room, and the sofa-bed is small and not clean, basically non-sleepable for any adult. My pal was not picky but could not stand for that still. We always question how can they charge an awful lot of money for a single bed room for 2 persons, at the same rate as all other double bed rooms, which is a bit intrigue. We made requests twice about changing room but were turned down by front desk receptionist, and at the end of our last request we got a foldable bed otherwise we could have been more disappointed with our stay. The continental breakfast is too basic and the breakfast corner is small and packed. Skip this if you have an appetite for more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you Liononlive for taking the time to review our hotel. We understand your concern and apologize that we were unable to switch your rooms. We were fully booked and had no other room available other then the one you booked. We are currently in the process of upgrading our breakfast to a hot sunshine breakfast. We hope to see you on your next stay so you can enjoy our upgrades

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!