“Good Hotel with Quiet Tower Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 2nd Avenue East | P O Box 516, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5RI, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Owen Sound
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good Hotel with Quiet Tower Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very good service, Good quiet room. Excellent location Quiet Room. Very good location at the harbor. Good breakfast.

Internet is slow. Recommend free room upgrade.

Recommend to remove the $100 in advance insurance for gold elite member with western master card.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jason H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear JackTo1016,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read how guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

I should mention that our internet has recently been upgraded and guests should find it much more convenient to use. You are not the first guest to notice the internet issues and I assure you that we have been working on improvements continuously.

Your suggestion for removal of the $100 preauthorization for elite guests is a great one. I will be discussing this with our front office manager tomorrow morning and you may see implementation as early as next week.

Thank you for your feedback.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at this Inn recently for several days as part of a group on business. I found the Inn to be excellent from the clean rooms, great service, good meals at the restaurant and the beautiful view of the Sound/Bay area while having breakfast. It was great to watch people in their boats fishing in the Sound/Bay. The rooms were cleaned good daily, the beds very comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep. The staff were very accommodating and provided good service. I will stay at this Inn when travelling to this area in the future. Good Inn for families and for groups on business.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Sound/Bay area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear CountryPat3,

Thank you for your kind praise in reviewing recent stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read such a positive review. I will be posting your comments in the staff area of our hotel so that all of our employees can see how their efforts are paying off.

Thank you again for your compliments!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here based on TA reviews. As a frequent traveller, I was upgraded to a small suite in a quiet area of the hotel. I'm a bit of a germophobe, so was thrilled with the cleanliness of the room, including sanitized/covered remotes and telephone handsets. I also liked the foaming hand soap pump in the bathroom, instead of the usual slippery/soggy mini-soaps. I didn't appreciate the fact that the wi-fi was not compatible with Apple devices (iPad), a problem they are aware of and supposedly attempting to fix. I also tried the included continental breakfast on the first day, and I couldn't eat it. The muffins were in a covered box with tongs placed inside - on top of the muffins (see above re: germophobe); the 'fresh' fruit salad was slimy. I asked for soy milk to make oatmeal, but not available. All I could eat was a yogurt, which was great, but didn't really hit the spot. They have a small fitness room (be sure to get the "key" for the treadmill from the front desk), and a tiny pool. (I couldn't find any towels in the gym/pool area.) All in all, decent accommodations, but services lacking.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has a separate section requiring a room key to access (assume it's quieter than the ma...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jason H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi Cheekywoman,

I am glad you appreciate the efforts made to keep our hotel clean and fresh for guests to enjoy. It is a main focus here each day. I would also like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the inconveniences you experienced while staying here. I am aware of the internet issues and assure you that they are long since repaired. I understand; however, that this does not help you now. Our exercise facility is small but effective and keys are not left in machines for safety reasons. Our spa facilities and continental breakfast areas are usually in great order, so I will need to follow up to ensure that this is maintained.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. Please understand that this is not our standard level of service and I will be personally following up to ensure this is maintained. I hope you would still consider staying with us again in the future so we may have the opportunity to provide you with the perfect experience you deserve.

Thank you for your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice for three nights each time. Lovely location. A very nice hotel and friendly helpful staff. The complimentary breakfast is good with beautiful views of the sound from the dining room. I will always stay here while visiting Owen Sound.

• Stayed December 2012
Hi ckedobw,

I would like to thank you for your continued patronage with our hotel. I am glad you enjoy our beautiful location and truly appreciate you continuing to stay with us in the future.

I will look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!