“Good food, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Good food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate here twice over five days while visiting Parry Sound. I had schnitzel both times and enjoyed it each time. On average the rest of my family enjoyed their food also. My MIL had an overcooked hamburger on one visit but I cannot help but wonder if this was more a matter of cultural taste than an actual mistake. I ran into the same problem at another restaurant during our visit. The staff was very friendly. Some of my family thought they were too slow but I thought they were fine. The decor is very interesting. The walls are filled with decorations focused on local history.

Would we eat their again? Yes, we really enjoyed our visits.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alliston, Canada
“Great Place to Eat Before the Boat Cruise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My brother and I took my parents here before we went on a cruise ride, as recommended by a friend from the city. Absolutely no complaints.

Staff was very friendly and patient with my indecisive mother. Hard to get a hold of for the bill, but quick service otherwise.

Great portions - had fish and chips, California wrap and salad, and two roast beef sandwiches with fries. Food was fresh, lots of meat in the sandwiches, fresh veggies in the wrap, and my fish had the perfect amount of batter.

Nothing crazy, just a simple pub-type atmosphere with your average menu with reasonable prices. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a great meal, but nothing out of the ordinary!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Food OK but service slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Food here was good though a 45 minute wait with no apology is unacceptable. We arrived at 6pm and had one of the last tables. Popularity of this basic pub appears to have outstripped the capacity of the staff to cope.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Wellingtons has a great staff, but their food can be hit or miss. The past few times I've been there, I've been very disappointed. Food under cooked, portion sizes very small for the amount I'm paying.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy eating at Wellingtons. Service is always good. I do wish the atmosphere was better though. It is quit dull. Over all I do think that they have the best food in Parry Sound. Prices are a bit high.

• Visited April 2014