“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had an amazing time .. the place was very clean and welcoming. Food was delicious and the service was up to par .. me and my family had a blast the waitress Cheri was extremly entertaing and we would go there every time we visit Parry Sounds .. Oh ya the chocolate cake is to die for !!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

recently travelled thru parry sound area and actually ran into this place by accident my gps said there was gas but station was closed. Went into Oscar's to find out where the nearest gas station was and decided to stay for lunch while I was there. I also had my dog with me and wanted to sit on the patio with my dog but was informed by the waitress that it is against the ontario health regulations but she pointed out a couple of trees near the patio where there was shade that I could tie my dog up too and also brought out some water for him. I sat out on the patio where I could keep an eye on my dog and the waitress also told me the patio is under construction and would not be used for serving this summer however she allowed me to have my lunch and was very accomadating. The view of Horseshoe lake was fantastic and very calming.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, Canada
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped in here on our way home. The waitress filled us in on the menu and was most helpful. Large portions, home cooking, moderate price. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manasota Key, Florida
“Unfriendly establishment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The only thing I can say about this establishment is that they are totally unhospitable and unkind, by no fault of my own I was forced to this restaurant by the fact that I had to have tire service at Alves Auto service next door, it was past lunch time and we were hungry and we had our small dog with us on this hot day. I was quite prepared to eat out side on the one dirty picnic table along with the overflowing ash try full of cigarette butts.( It looked like an area out back for employees to come outside and smoke) We were told that we could not have our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with us on this grungy little so called patio and further more we would not be served outside. Concidering the very expensive menu we decided not to give this unhospitable restaurant any of our business. We are cottage owners in the area and neither us or any of our many guests will eat here ever, firsly because of this and secondly because of their overpriced menu. At the time there were three tables occupied in this establishment. Nasty people!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Canada
“Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Oscar's Restaurant doesn't draw you in with flashy signs or advertising, it's the quality of food and the friendly service that will keep me coming back!
The menu has everything from breakfast items to deep fried dill pickles. I especially recommend the Italian Schnitzle and the chef's home made cole slaw. It is second to none. Make sure you finish off your meal with a 747 coffee :)
This little hidden gem should be on your must stop in list when in the Parry Sound/Humphrey area.

• Visited August 2012