“A very happy anniversary dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“A very happy anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

for many years now our family has gone to the Log Cabin near our cottage,to celebrate important occasions. This year,I treated my brother,and wife,as well as my husband--to an anniversary dinner. It was their 43rd,and our 47th,and we were treated so nicely. the service was good(if a bit slow),the food delicious,as usual,and the ambiance lovely. 2 desserts,with sparklers topped off our memorable evening. Everything was so nice that we returned with another couple the next week,and were not dissappointed then either

“Oi.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I hate complaining, so I'll make it quick. If you are going to charge those kind of prices, you better dang well justify it. Took forever to get menus and drinks, the white wine we ordered was warm, our first course (salads) took half an hour, with not even a breath of an apology upon their very late arrival. The server a) didn't know what they were out of b) sold us dishes that weren't at all what he described. It should have been obvious to the staff that there was a problem at the table, but instead we were studiously ignored most of the evening. What could have been avoided and salvaged was lost. I give a big miss.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Rosseau, Canada
“Great times, Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Log Cabin is one of the top two restaurants in the Parry Sound Area. I know this because I have tried them all.We always can rely on having an excellent meal with great service. What more can you ask for?

Barrie, Canada
“Sadly, good no more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This used to be our go to place in Parry Sound a few years ago. We went about 8 months ago, and it was not good that time, but we were prepared to think that it was a one off. We tried again last night, and sadly, that was not the case. Ordered garlic bread to start - it's not - it's a crostini about the size of a silver dollar and about as hard as one. I had the duck for a main - the fat had not been rendered to nice and crispy the way a good duck should be and the entire dish was swimming in a lake of sauce (picture a duck, with the sides in a soup). My husband had the specialty pasta and it too was in a watery lake of sauce that he did not enjoy at all. Nothing about this place is the same as it used to be except the decor. To be fair, the service was decent (our waitress was pleasant even when mistakes were made) which is why I rated it a 2 instead of a 1. I left feeling as though I'd completely wasted my money which is not how one should leave any restaurant feeling. We won't be giving them their proverbial "3rd strike". We will be finding another restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Great food, great service AND peanut free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a wonderful place to eat! The food is fresh- made to order and delicious! The service was also well informed and excellent. In addition, our son has a severe peanut allergy- because they make everything from scratch (even desserts) everything is peanut free. This was heaven for us not to have to worry. We highly recommend this place!