“Nice little place to eat” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Toronto
“Nice little place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a meal here with my family of three. It is a small little restaurant and bar with a selection of typical dishes. I had clubhouse sandwich that was on the dry side (dry bread and dry turkey). Price seemed a little on the high side.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Ontario
“Horrible Service - Walked Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I would like to do a review of the food for the Bistro but unfortunately I never got a chance to eat. We walked out.
My husband and I were in Parry Sound for our vacation in late August and decided we would go for an early lunch. I heard the Bistro was good so we went there. It was Monday August 26th at 11:30 and pouring rain. We walked in and the "hostess" was a young lady who pulled and stroked her ponytail the whole time we were talking to her. The restaurant had only one table occupied inside and a couple occupied on the porch area. We asked to be seated indoors. The hostess took up to a tiny table for two right at the intersection on the bar, and the walkway from the front door. The table was squashed into an area that 2 children would have trouble fitting into but my husband and I have some meat on our bones so this was either going to be impossible or extremely embarrassing for us to squeeze in to this table. I asked the waitress if we could sit at a larger table (again all but one table was empty and it was 11:30 on a Monday the end of August) and she said "Sorry, those are for bigger groups.". I was very surprised and said well, I guess we'll go elsewhere, to which she said nothing and just kept playing with her hair.
So I would like to review the food, but unfortunately the terrible service was all I had.

• Visited August 2013
Lindsay, Canada
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

OMG where do I begin. We ate on the front porch. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Infested with spider webs that were not just there from yesterday. Beautiful "dead" hanging plants for decor. The porch floor was in dire need of cleaning and re painting probably three years ago. The Experience, I ordered crab cakes as an app along with the pasta w/lobster in a white wine reduction and pesto $22.99. Never got my crab cakes quote from the waitress :sorry, forgot, completely "gaped" that order. Mt pasta was from Food Basic's with mini lobster balls out of a can and the "white wine reduction sauce" was a flood of water in the bowl with sprinkled pesto, not mixed in. I mentioned the "flood in the bowl" of water and was told that they probably used to much wine????? On a different topic I mentioned that I owned a restaurant in Durham Region and she thought that was great as even though this restaurant was not for sale the owners would sell it to her once her boyfriend was finished with school...oh boy... Great location no brainer which can only be why they are still open but I would avoid at all cost. Ihave to chalk that uo to the worst.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Barrie
“bad fish and a rude waitress”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

stopped in for a late lunch ordered pickerel on a bun and paid $2.50 extra for sweet potato fries...
the small tail end piece of fish on the bun was a joke, I took one bite of fish and noticed it had a rubbery texture. I split the piece in half and discovered that it was dark grey, and I left it on the bun and pushed it to the corner of the table, hoping the waitress would notice or come by to check on me.
So I waited and waited and ate the few fries because I was hungry. When she did finally appear my tea was done and I was fed up. I showed her the fish told her it was grey, "off" and smelled very strong, so she took it away gave a small discount off the bill. As I left she sang out in a mocking tone "thanks for coming have a good day", I turned around and told her that she should have comped the meal for the inconvenience. Then she got rude and mouthy and shouted across the restaurant "you ate all of the fries and half of the fish!" Her behaviour was ridiculous and I just left but later thought I should have spoken wit the manager because regrettably, I did swallow that first bite and I felt ill all evening.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“First night in Parry Sound”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The menu is varied. The service was slow, although the staff was polite. The server didn't recommend some of the food on the menu which I never a good sign. Kids had the fish and chips. Batter defiantly isn't home made, fries were pretty good. My wife had the fettuccine and I had the trout special. Pasta was cooked el Dante but we had hard time finding the seafood. Trout special was well done. We ordered a Ceaser Salad as an app, that never arrived but was on the bill. Good Harbour view, polite staff, but average food. Not a place we will go back too.

Visited August 2013