“Must stay here experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get free travel guide
Ranked #1 of 11 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
Huntsville, Alabama
“Must stay here experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I were welcomed like we were family! 40 Bay St B&B was an amazing experience; location is perfect for the outdoor adventures type as well as the stay in and relax type individual. Susan welcomed us immediately upon arrival and made sure everything was taken care of. The house is very well maintained and the rooms are modern with all the bells and whistles. We look forward to staying here again on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Ron - I'm so glad you got the opportunity to put some of your wife's comments about her time in Parry Sound into perspective! It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Widnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I can endorse all the good things said about Susan and her home. The house is old by Canadian standards and has been modernised. Rooms are not large but are comfortable. There are steps up to the door but I managed despite being mobility impaired.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It was wonderful to meet you both - and I was so impressed with your positive attitude towards the poor weather we had during your stay! Thank you for your comments, and I am glad you were able to manage the all the stairs in the house.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staying with Susan at 40 Bay Street truly felt like coming home to stay with a family member.

On our honeymoon, my husband and I had planned out 5 nights of camping, then 2 nights in Parry Sound at 40 Bay Street and 2 nights in Toronto. On our final night of camping before heading to Parry Sound, we had an accident while cooking dinner. My husband suffered 1st and 2nd Degree burns over the majority of his right thigh.

Upon our arrival, I let Susan know what had happened, and let her know the burn cream he was prescribed left a grey residue on whatever it touched. Susan not only welcomed me in with a hug, she immediately went up stairs and changed the sheets to older ones, brought us some darker towels and assured us that no matter what happened, everything was replaceable. She then showed me where the washer and dryer were and allowed me to wash up all of our dirty clothes. She also surprised us with a little bottle of champagne to celebrate our new marriage (which was much needed after the 24 hours we'd just went through).

After showing us around our room, she set us up with what we needed and let us rest and relax for the evening. She also offered us plenty of information on what was close by for food, pharmacies and anything else we needed. Since we also cut our trip short and skipped the two days in Toronto, Susan also pulled out a map and helped us find a route to avoid the traffic of driving through the city to get home to Michigan.

Aside from welcoming us with open arms and accommodating our very unique situation, I must mention that Susan runs a top-notch B&B. We've never stayed in one before this and I have to say she set the bar quite high. The house was beautiful and very well kept. Our room was very clean and very nice. The king size bed was extremely comfortable, and that is coming from someone with a back injury and sciatica. I slept like a baby. In the mornings, breakfast was phenomenal and the coffee was scrumptious! I wish Parry Sound was not a 7-8 hour drive from us, because I would love to come back on a regular basis.

Do yourself a favor, and if you are staying in Parry Sound, give Susan a call. It is well worth it!

Room Tip: If you're going on a romantic getaway with your significant other, I highly recommend the Retrea...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We love the fact that you chose 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast to help celebrate your honeymoon! While I know it didn't turn out exactly how you imagined it, I'm glad it was still a positive experience for you! All the best to you both!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everyone I ever loved and relatives that went before me have passed through the doors of 40 Bay Street. It use to be my Grandmother's home. Staying here brings back beautiful memories. It was a charming house in my Grandmother's day; always well kept with a beautiful garden; my Granduncle brought in the dirt to cover the rocks. Susan has done wonders with the interior of the house and has brought an enhanced beauty to it. But I still see remnants from the days of old; original wainscoting and wooden flooring. I usually take the Bay Room which was my Grandmother's bedroom. I use to sleep in a cot at the end of her bed. Staying in that room makes me feel closer to her. In the upstairs porch, I can see my Granduncle Fred forever sitting in his rocking chair watching the float planes land and the oil tankers dock to unload their cargo. In the downstairs porch, I use to play house. I love the sound of the trains and as a child, always wondered how the train got on the bridge. 40 Bay Street is an enchanting place for me where I am comforted by ghostly whispers of those now absent. Thank you Susan for indulging me whenever I come to visit.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
It is always a treat to have you come and stay - and share your wonderful stories about the house! I am so glad that you still feel welcomed and that your happy memories continue!
Bracebridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and i had a wonder time at 40 Bay Street Bed and Breakfast. Susan is a fantastic host and the food was great.Our room was very clean and comfortable and all the extras were thought of.Great central location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Randy:

I'm so glad you both had a great time! It was so nice to have guests who enjoy the late winter weather and found so much to keep you busy! We appreciate your wonderful comments
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

A friend and I spent 2 nights at Susan's B&B to see the fall colours, and what a lovely time we had! We felt very warmly welcomed (with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!) and touched by her friendliness. I had the Retreat Room which I really enjoyed - the trains did not bother me, but earplugs are provided. The room was clean and well appointed. It was nice having a chat with Susan and other guests during breakfast, and she gave us great recommendations on restaurants and places to visit. I would highly recommend the boat cruise during fall to see Georgian Bay, and to watch the sunset from the marina. Thanks Susan!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear GraceMS - Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast and we were able to help you make the most of your stay while in Parry Sound. Perhaps we will meet you again one day in Australia!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a fantastic time at Susan's B&B. We decided to go up to Parry Sound on a whim - in late November, no less - and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Warm, comfy, private, and the breakfasts were delightful! The right mix of fresh and hearty, as we individually preferred. Susan really knows the town - tourist spots as well as politics and society - and we met some great people and ate some delicious food because of her. Thanks so much! Will definitely come up again, and recommend to friends/family!

Room Tip: Call Susan and ask :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meggie524 - I am glad we were able to help make your off-season trip to Parry Sound a success! We make a point of knowing what there is to do - whether an on-going activity or annual event (like the Santa Claus Parade) and where people can find the right restaurants based on their preferences and budgets. We hope that we will have the opportunity to meet you again in the future.

Been to 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!