“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
Parry Sound, Canada
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sunny Point is the perfect place to spend a few quiet days. The rooms are nice and very clean, the location is stunning and the service couldn't be any better.
We are travelling with a baby (11 months) and stayed in a Junior Suite. Coming here was the best decision and we found everything we needed. Besides, Parry Sound and Killbear Provincial Park are close. We can absolutely recommend the resort and had a wonderful time here!

Room Tip: Travelling with a baby? The Junior Suite is big enough and close to the lake. There are toys and the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sunnypt, Owner at Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Sue and I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about Sunny Point. We added new flat screen tv's and re-tiled the fireplaces in all the Junior Suites this Spring. We are expecting our delivery of new, more comfortable mattresses for the Juniors any time now. Please visit us again. Andy

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a relaxing weekend away and came across this resort during our search. We couldn't have been more happier with our decision to stay at the Sunny Point Resort. The cottage was everything we wanted and more. Clean, comfortable, cozy - it had everything we needed, including a beautiful view of the lake, our very own dock, a fireplace with wood supplied, and stocked with all the cooking supplies you would ever need. Andy, the owner, was extremely helpful, not to mention a great host! The only negative was that the weekend was not long enough:) We will definitely be back to visit this beautiful cottage and will also spread the word to family and friends!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sunnypt, Owner at Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Sunny Point. Sue and I are so very pleased that you enjoyed your cottage. Sue goes to great lengths to sufficiently equip the kitchens. It was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you again soon. Andy
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been to SunnyPoint twice now. It is so beautiful. All the cottages are immaculate and clean and comfortable. You can't beat the scenery. All cottages are lake front with private pier and canoe. I loved doing Yoga on our private pier, early in the morning, it was so beautiful and relaxing. Andy and Sue are the best... they are so helpful, accommodating and friendly. Lovely hiking trails and other activities available. I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
sunnypt, Owner at Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Jacqueline,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience from your stays at Sunny Point Resort. Sue and I very much enjoy hosting you. We hope to accommodate you again soon.
Toronto,Ont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

In September of 2012 my family and I decided to take a trip to Sunny Point for a weekend and it was the best decision we have ever made! So much so that when the weekend ended, we were incredibly sad to see our time had ended!
The website perfectly depicts the cottages and the cottage perfectly reflected the oasis it presents itself as!
The owner Andy was very helpful and just wanted us to be happy. He even offered the boat at a discounted rate for the weekend because he knew how badly we wanted it! He made sure we had everything we needed/wanted and provided us with some helpful tips and a number he could be reached at.
The cottage was well maintaned and had everything we needed. And the views were like nothing we could have ever imagined!
My family loved this cottage AND plan on coming back again every year as a tradition! :)
Thank you so much Andy for making this trip as great as you did! And kudos to you and your family for keeping such beautiful, well maintaned cottages!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nakita,
Thank you for the kind words about your stay at Sunny Point Resort. Sue and I were very pleased to read it and hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. We consider operating Sunny Point to be the most fun that work can be; we very much enjoy meeting our guests and sharing our resort with them.
I personally redesigned the web site and very much want it to reflect exactly what a guest sees when they arrive. I am pleased that it was so for you.
Sue and I hope to see you and your family at Sunny Point soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent two nights in an inn suite at Sunny Point in July and would definitely return to the resort again. The owners were amazing, friendly, and very helpful. My friend had recently recovered from back surgery and, although our room had already been arranged, the owner showed us a couple other rooms on the lower level so that my friend would have fewer stairs to climb. We ended up being upgraded to a larger available unit, at no additional cost. The staff were cleaning the room when I brought my luggage in and having witnessed them cleaning it, I can honestly say that they cleaned it as thoroughly as I would clean my own home. It was spotless!

Our unit had a separate living room with a pull-out couch, kitchenette, and bedroom with a double bed. I've stayed at cottage resorts before that seem rather "rustic" (i.e., run down) and Sunny Point was a pleasant surprise. The flooring seemed brand-new throughout the room and the bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated and was quite nice and more like a home bathroom than a hotel or cottage bathroom. The kitchen was fully equipped and the pots and pans, plates, cutlery, etc were like new. There was a gas BBQ within steps from our room.

Minor improvements I would suggest to the room are: Hooks in the bathroom for hanging bathrobes and wet towels and swimsuits, and a recycling bin in the kitchen. Also, better instructions on how to operate the a/c.

The only downside to the room for me: I found the sofa bed to be very uncomfortable and did not enjoy a good sleep. Next time, I will definitely book a room with 2 regular beds.

The setting was perfect, the lake was deep and warm and not weedy. I enjoyed swimming off the large dock area, and also at the small beach area. The resort has been nicely landscaped with lots of colourful flowers and it seems that the owners take great pride in their property and are constantly upgrading.

The resort had an recreation centre, mini-putt, and tennis courts but I didn't use any of them, so can't comment. For me, the weekend was a time to relax by the water, enjoy some food cooked on the BBQ, and spend some time catching up with a dear friend.

I would definitely recommend this resort to others and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bookluver1965,
Thanks for the review, the kind words and suggestions. When we have space available, it is our pleasure to move a guest to a more suitable arrangement. We are glad that it worked out for you.
Most of your nice comments have to do with my wife's touch. Sue cleans to a very high standard and insists we all do too! And, the flowers and gardens are all her too.
The suite you stayed in was the Georgian. I admit that sofa bed is uncomfortable; they all seem to be. If we ever find one with a comfy mattress, we'll be the first to buy it. We have done significant upgrades in that suite. In fact, we am in there working now refacing the old outdated tile with a great granite looking face on the fireplace and mounting a new flatscreen tv to create some additional space in what is our smallest unit.
Thank you for the suggestions. We have installed hooks in the bathroom, put directions for the a/c in the Welcome Book and added a recycling bin that somehow went missing.
We hope to see you and your friend on your next adventure.
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Sunny Point is the best resort not only in Parry Sound but overall that I have seen or been to. All the cottages are well kept, clean, up to date and close proximity to the water. There is lots to do to guarantee a great time with great service !

Room Tip: All cottages are on the water so they are awesome! The grand muskokan is the fabulous experience!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tashawna,
Thanks for the kind words in your review. We agree. The Grand Muskokan is spectacular!! We believe that our unique advantage among housekeeping resorts is our very private layout of cottages. We hope to see you again at Sunny Point soon.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Sunny Point is, without doubt, the best cottage experience we have ever had. It is so good that we have been vacationing there every year for twenty years, sometimes two or three times per year. The cottages are immaculate and very well equipped. Everything from fridges to dishwashers works perfectly. Scrupulous attention to detail is evident everywhere.

Each cottage has its own private dock and this is very much appreciated because we always take our dogs with us, and they enjoy swimming off the dock. Our kids also enjoy the excellent beach and the equipment provided. The owners, Andy and Sue are very friendly and helpful. They bend over backwards to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

We appreciate that the idyllic woodland setting has been preserved on this very large property and we take advantage of it by walking along the trails in both summer and fall.

Anyone who likes a cottage vacation will love Sunny Point

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ken,
Thanks so much for writing a review and saying such nice things about us! Sue and I very much enjoy hosting you and consider your family to be part of Sunny Point. We should. You have been coming here even before we purchased 10 years ago! Looking forward to seeing you again this summer.
Andy and Sue

Been to Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn? Share your experiences!