“The Parry Sound Microtel is the most up to date facility in...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
Devon
“The Parry Sound Microtel is the most up to date facility in...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Parry Sound Microtel is the most up to date facility in the area (that I have found). It provides good value for the set CAA rate but by no means should be consider to be a luxury experience...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Overall, it is very average but fine for 1 night. The first room we were given, the door was open when we arrived, blankets ruffled and a bug was struggling on the top sheet. We asked for another room and were provided it right away. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. The second room was clean and had everything we needed for a 1 night stay. On a positive note, the heater in the room worked. On the negative side, it was VERY loud. The bathroom is clean and stocked. The breakfast is average but appreciated. The fruit and yoghurt are great! It is easy to find off the highway and there is a gas station and starbucks next door. We would likely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have my own business and travel 3-4 nights per week. On this trip it was a weekend out with my wife. I called central reservations to reserve a one night stay. Booking process was too long and operator, although polite, wasted too much of my time trying to sell me vacation packages We arrived late at hotel due to weather and was told I had booked two rooms; even though I had only booked one. They seemed annoyed at me. We were put in the "short room" above the lobby and across from the elevator. At 2:30 am the back-up fire alarm starts chirpping and we have no electricity or heat in our room. I called down to the desk and the women informed me that she also had the same issue in the lobby area only. She said they may have to call someone. I suggested that a simple breaker had tripped and maybe she could just reset it. Anyway the fire alarm chirpped for the next hour or so = No sleep! The next morning I checked out and was initially charged full rate ($90.00 + Taxes). After waiting to see if they were on top of their game; I politely said that I would have expected some compensation for a night of no sleep and no heat. The women said ... Oh, you are the one that got stuck in "That Room". Having just checked out of room 214 you would have thought that she might have noticed that? Anyway she went and asked her manager and they reduced the bill by $20.00. I was expecting a free night stay of at least 50% off. The manager didn't come out and appoligise and the desk clerk was "neutral at best". Once again, the staff had the opportunity to correct their situation ... but they failed. Mattress was old and worn out also. We won't be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chatham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We chose this motel after reading other reviews. We were in Perry Sound to attend a funeral. The staff was very pleasant, understanding, and went out of their way for us. The rooms were quite comfortable and the continental breakfast was more than adequate. Free parking, free wireless internet and free breakfast, are welcomed features. We would certainly recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Parry Sound? Share your experiences!