“Sad news about Glenn Burney Lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glenn-Burney Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parry Sound
Glenn-Burney Lodge
Save Saved
You added Glenn-Burney Lodge to your Saves list
49 Glen Burney Rd, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 2X3, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
Ontario, Canada
“Sad news about Glenn Burney Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This past week on November 19, 2013, Glenn Burney Lodge burned to the ground. The only thing left is the chimney of the fireplace. This is a huge loss not only to the owners but to all of us who loved this place and either stayed there or dropped in for some of the most wonderful meals. The old place will be missed and we can only hope that it will be rebuilt.

I will add my post-mortem evaluation to this wonderful place in spite of this terrible event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had the pleasure of spending an autumn weekend up near Parry Sound, Ontario at the Glenn-Burney Lodge. It was a beautiful hilltop place with a number of different rooms, cabins and cottages, it was absolutely perfect. The cabin was nicely furnished and the view of the fall colours spectacular. Our hosts were most accommodating and even arranged a two hour boat ride through the islands near Parry Sound. A great stay and highly recommended. Don't forget to check out the dining room as well. Delicious!

Room Tip: Bring a sweater to keep warm around the bonfires at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went there few weeks ago for an overnight stay with my fiance (I did my proposal there). Before I went there, I mentioned it to the staff that I would have my proposal there. The staff were super nice. They served me wine when we got there, showed us the cabin where we stayed. At the restaurant, they put us at the end of the corner of the restaurant (facing the lake) to give me and my fiance some privacy. The night went very well, they played some great slow 80's song. Right after the proposal, the restaurant owner came to congratulate us, gave us free wine and dessert to celebrate. Overall, it was a great experience. I would definitely go back again at Glen Burney Lodge.

Room Tip: If you like to have some privacy, go with the cabin.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Lodge in the woods. My room was a good size, in a semi-detached cabin, with a renovated bathroom, comfortable queen bed, bar fridge, microwave, new air conditioner.

Great dining room with small bar area, and another bar (brand new and beautiful) on a new deck by the dock which overlooks a small beach, the marina and the bay and islands.

Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at Glenn Burney. Our first trip, we stayed in one of the main rooms off the lodge. We enjoyed that room, it had everything we needed and was cozy and clean. This time we had a cabin. I loved it! Beautiful, spacious, clean and it even had air conditioning!(cottage cheating I know, but it was hot!) The staff were friendly, the food was great and the entire place is just beautiful. We caught the sunset on their patio with our view of Georgian Bay. We'll be back next year! If not before then, if we make a fall trip up there :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and we enjoyed our stay. The lodge has worked hard to update the amenities and the rooms were nice and clean with a screened in balcony. The room had a fridge and microwave which was appreciated. The beds were comfortable. The fire pit in the evenings was a nice touch and the ability to walk down to the lake and enjoy the scenery was an added touch. The lodge is very secluded and the staff go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. A special call out to Zack. He delivered a glass of prosecco to us at our room when we checked in. This was so special and appreciated. We would recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a great spot! Only a few minutes from downtown Parry Sound but but world's away!
My girlfriend and I booked a room here and found it very clean and comfortable and it had been recently renovated. There was also a private screened porch. The lodge itself is simply stunning with beautiful murals, carvings and even a totem pole in the main dining room. A beautiful collection of vintage guitars rounds out the room. For our dinner I had the scallops as an appetizer which were perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. My girlfriend had the caesar salad with house smoked bacon which was also delicious. For the mains she opted for the very tasty fresh pickerel and I had rib-eye which was perfectly cocked and beautifully seasoned.
There's also a large patio on the water which has a very nice menu and is perfect for whiling away an afternoon.
Many thanks to the lovely staff and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had a very nice room but next time we may try one of the cabins. (If they're not sold out!)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenn-Burney Lodge? Share your experiences!