“Amazing soup!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Description: Traditional home made style Italian food. Mom and Son run take out restaurant. Located in the venter of Parry Sound next to the Seguin Bridge. Look for the Italian flags! Please DO NOT follow google's GPS driving instructions as they are incorrect. Thank you Maurizio
Parry Sound, Canada
“Amazing soup!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had the FREE Lentil soup and WOW!! It was amazing. I've had lentil soup from other places but none of those soups can even compare to Maurizio's, it had so much flavour, and it was free with my lunch order. The best veal sandwich paired with the best soup. If you're in Parry Sound visit Maurizio's Taste of Italy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MaurizioTOI, Director of Sales at Maurizio's - Taste of Italy, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Nothing beats home made, especially home soup on a cold day. Glad you enjoyed our Lentil soup that day, its one of my personal favourites. :)

Sudbury, Canada
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Came to Parry Sound for a hockey tournament and stopped here for lunch. The food was the best Italian food I have ever eaten!! The service was awesome and I highly recommend this place to all!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We are very pleased we were able to warm you up and give you guys the much needed "good carbs" to fuel your hockey games. Feel free to drop us an email or phone call to let us know when you'll be in town next and we'll be sure to cook up another batch of healthy carbs for your hockey games :) Cheers!

Maurizio
Maple, Canada
“Like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Today I was at Maurizio's for the first time, I am first generation Italian, I felt I was home with "mamma". The food was amazing, LIKE HOME. They use the right ingredients, all tasted fresh. One special note for the expresso: it is the best I have ever had north of Toronto!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
From one 1st generation Italian to the next, "just like Momma's" is a compliment unlike any other. That made my mom smile when she read your review. Thank you!!! :)
Edmonton, Canada
“Threw a Dart at a Map”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I came through Parry Sound for no reason other than to see a place I never had. Wandering the streets, I came across this small takeout restaurant advertising homemade Italian food. Well, I was treated to a great experience overall both times - large portions, delicious food, and a knowledgeable and friendly owner whose own mother does the cooking. It's what an out-of-towner like me lives to find. Don't miss out on a chance to try it out yourself. I went twice in two days.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Of all the places you could have gone for lunch we were humbled that you chose us to dine at. It was a great pleasure meeting you and hearing about your cross country voyage. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Parry Sound and look forward to your next visit. I have an Espresso with your name on it. On the house :)
Sudbury, Canada
“Real Italian food in Parry Sound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Maurizio's while visiting Parry Sound. It was fantastic!!

I had the lasagna and my husband had the prosciutto panzarotti. Both were delicious and similar to what we've had in Italy.

Some people might complain that it's expensive (as a previous reviewer has) and they may also complain that the portions are not big enough. I disagree completely! The portions aren't big enough to make you feel sick from over-eating but they are generous enough to leave you feeling satisfied. Also, the ingredients are all homemade and fresh so the price is justified!

Way to go Maurizio's!! Next time we're in Parry Sound we will be coming back for more!

Although Maurizio's is an Italian Family run establishment; its nice to be equally compared to venues native to Italy from and a valued customer such as your self. It makes us feel that our efforts to remain European in all that we make has been well received as "traditional" in every sense. Thank you for that, it means allot to us.

Sincerely;