“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Parry Sound

You added Knights Inn Parry Sound to your Saves list
Knights Inn Parry Sound
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 James st, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A1T5, Canada (Formerly Best Rates Inns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
Barrie, Canada
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed a night with my 3 year old daughter and I am convinced I am getting a king size bed. I was pleased with the help I got from the staff. The hotel and room it's self was very clean and quiet. I felt very comfortable having my child with me. There was lots of parking. We had a great dinner here. The rates were great. I absolutely love the sleep I got on the bed!!!!!
Thanks
Single Travelling Mother

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Blue Mountains, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Recently stayed here for a convention in the area. Handy location, close to the Bobby Orr Arena where our activities where happening. Stopped in for beverages in the Don Cherry restaurant that is attached and a good fun place to be. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable, lots of parking out back. Didn't spend much time in the rooms so this was perfect for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Morpeth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location in downtown Parry Sound was great, with just a short walk to the waterfront. The hotel was fairly basic but good value. The dismal winding corridor, from the restaurant to the room was a bit strange for the main access.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrickville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this particular hotel several times over the past few years. Our last stay occurred during some nasty weather while tenting it at our friend’s cottage this past summer. We headed into town during the day to escape the rain and get some rest. The hotel has made some big improvements since we last stayed.
The most noticeable improvements are the beds; they were outstanding! I have stayed in many hotels and unless I am suffering from all-out exhaustion; I seldom get a great night’s sleep. That was no problem this time, both my wife and I were out like a light and both enjoyed a luxuriously sound rest. The beds felt like they just rolled in off the showroom floor; from the mattresses to the pillows and duvets. Awesome beds!
In addition to the new beds, there was a large HD TV, a Tassimo coffee maker and new towels. Overall some great improvements on a hotel we already enjoy staying at. If you haven’t stayed there, it is the best choice we have made in Parry Sound. We also like the fact that there is a Don Cherry’s Sports Grill (with great wings) conveniently attached to the building. Amazing value for the money; we’ll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were passing through Parry Sound and needed a place to stay for one night. I have to admit when we saw the Knights Inn we were dubious. The location is on a corner in town, no view of the water, but we were happily surprised.
The parking lot at the Inn is very cramped but there is another parking lot around the back. Be prepared to either drop off your suitcase first or wheel it down the street. There is a restaurant attached to the Inn that carries the smell of many meals over the years in the carpets.

Nevertheless, once we reached our room, we were delighted to see that the most important aspects had been upgraded. There was a heavenly king bed complete with soft pillows and duvet and the washroom had also been renovated to provide us with a hot shower.

I applaud the staff for realizing their niche. No one is likely going to stay a week or two at the Knights Inn. But if you need an inexpensive, comfortable room on your way to another destination, this is a good place to lay your head.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrickville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is probably my 3rd or 4th stay at this hotel (including when it was Best Rates and something else before that ages ago), and they have made some amazing improvements since I was here last year. First of all...probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. I must have been one of the first people in since the renos were finished, because everything was extremely clean and the duvets seemed fresh right out of the store.

I was surprised to see an HD big-screen TV wall-mounted in the room...very nice. The room even had a Tassimo coffee system! I'm used to seeing even bigger, pricier hotels having the same old Mr. Coffee machine...not here. They are definitely not skimping on in-room amenities.

There is still a slightly musty smell in the hallways, but then again, it was about 40 degrees Celsius with high humidity when I was there. Very comfortable in the rooms with the A/C on, though. Bathrooms weren't as modern-looking as the main room, but perfectly functional.

Staff was very friendly. Have to agree with other reviews commenting on small parking lot. there is additional parking around back I guess, but I like to park in front of my room.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager46829, Manager at Knights Inn Parry Sound, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review!
We are so glad to hear that you have seen our hotel going through all of the improvements that we have made! We are currently upgrading our carpets, among other things, but we really do offer the most comfortable beds around, and with the big tv and Tassimo machines to improve the comfort of each stay, we strive to be your number ONE choice in Parry Sound.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you need a place to stay in the area!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I dont really post things online but thought I would here. We stayed here and were quite pleased. When we travel we look for a restaurant near the hotel or part of the same place and it was good. Overall our stay was really comfortable. Loved the bed.

• Stayed August 2012
We are very happy that you made an exception for us and posted this review! We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable, so we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and comfy bed! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are travelling to Parry Sound.

Been to Knights Inn Parry Sound? Share your experiences!