“Great service and atmosphere, not great food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Parry Sound, Canada
“Great service and atmosphere, not great food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Maybe we chose to "enjoy" pickerel night during the wrong season (winter) but our food was TERRIBLE. Where they lack in quality of food they make up for in service, atmosphere etc. I always find myself enjoying a generous portion of wine which helps the food go down....However! The pickerel was probably freezer burnt, the fries were fried in old oil which tasted like it was also used for the fish...and wings....Just awful. I am NOT one to leave a full plate but I had to this time. The pickerel bites were great on my first visit a year ago. I will continue to visit in hopes of improvement, though.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, ON
“Can't beat it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We went here to try the pickerel special that we had heard so much about....every Tuesday night there's a pickerel special for $12.99.....they have a HUGE selection of ways to have your fish cooked. I would highly recommend the almond encrusted pickerel, it was by far the best fish I have ever eaten and you can't find a huge piece of fish for this price anywhere in Parry Sound. It was delicious! The atmosphere was great, and the food was wonderful!

• Visited May 2012