“Free breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
St. Catharines, Canada
“Free breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location, nice rooms, all the tea and coffee you can drink, for a reasonable price. Great service, showed up without a reservation, family emergency , got a great first floor room at a reduced rate!!! It's also pet friendly, if available get a room at the back, first floor patio doors really nice! Enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: First floor around back nicer ambience
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnPS, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear A.D Guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the services, amenities and staff at our hotel. We are extremely happy to read that you found our hotel run by great people and that our property was clean, friendly and affordable.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Etobicoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just passing through Parry Sound and the 'right off the highway' location was perfect. Service and nearby amenities were excellent and our room was spacious, updated and very, very clean. The room rate was reasonable and not only do they not charge pet fees but they give your pet a welcome package. Continental breakfast selection better than most. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnPS, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Our property always strives for excellent customer service. I would like to send an apology on behalf of our Comfort Inn team for not meeting your needs. Had you mentioned that you had a hard time walking, my staff would have made every effort to locate you a room closer to the lobby.
I would like to appologize that our Room Service was not available upon your stay. We have a great partnership with one of the local restaurants in town and it was unfortunate that they could not help you out this particular time.

Thanks again for your comments!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just to let everyone know that I am a film producer that shoots a number of movies in Parry Sound and have had a lot of my crew and actors stay at this motel. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and know great service. I have nothing but great things to say about this motel and the people that work there. I can have my crew stay anywhere in this town when we shoot here. This is a motel and yet they have bent over backwards with respect to meeting the needs and wants of people in my business, whom I'm sure everyone knows, are used to having their specific needs met and fast. The team at this Comfort Inn have always worked hard in pleasing these specific needs and continue even up to today with this great service. I look forward to putting up my cast and crew in this motel when we shoot movies in Parry Sound and strongly encourage others to stay at it. Also, with respect to someone else's comment on this site, what's wrong with a MacDonalds burger now and then anyway. Plus there is a Starbucks right across the street. Who really needs anything else in a small town in Canada, right?!

Room Tip: First floor. Back of the motel facing the little lake on that side. Great Muskoka chairs and easy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous five star rating; as well, thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your time spent at our hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal and recognition of our team's efforts to ensure yours and your teams happiness during your stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future and hope to exceed your expectations once again!
Port Perry, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a film shoot and was really unimpressed. For starters the production had a large number of people booked into the hotel and we were given the runaround regarding our room rates. Made to wait for some time before finally being allowed to check in. Also, this hotel does not have an elevator. It's only two stories high but I had a bad knee and the climb to my room and the long walk down the hallway were a literal pain. And even though I was obviously limping, no one offered to assist me in carrying my bags. Also discovered a nice long hair in my sink.
Secondly there is no room service here. It's advertised but the food is actually cooked at a restaurant off premises and driven to the hotel. With a bad knee I couldn't walk far so I called to order dinner. I was told by the restaurant that they didn't have a driver that night so no room service was available. The only choice I had was to walk across the parking lot and eat at McDonalds. Nice. All in all I was not made to feel terribly well looked after here. Neither was the rest of the production. In fact they withdrew all of their business and booked into another hotel in town. Comfort Inn blew this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times in the summer of 2012 while in the area for site visits. Hotel is the usual Comfort Inn consistency of being nice and clean. Alway get a good sleep. Also has a continental breakfast which serves me perfectly. Hotel is close to restaurants and gas stations. Will definitely be my first choice to stay when I am in area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnPS, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind review of the Parry Sound Comfort Inn. We are happy to learn that our hotel suited your accommodation needs. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and cleanliness. We sincerely appreciate the time taken to post a review and hope to have the opportunity to welcome your return in the future.
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Its a comfort inn, generally a clean, very basic hotel for if there is nothing better for me to stay in.
This one had friendly staff and they offered me soup that was in the lobby, kind of different, but I was pleased with that.
My room was ok, but it was very cold when I got there as the heat wasnt on. I warmed it up quickly and was fine. I sat in the bed and my phone had something on it... I sat on the sheets and it felt grainy. I am guessing detergent that hadnt been cleaned off properly and left residue? I sure hope thats all it was. It was on my covers AND my sheets.
Probably won't be staying here unless I absolutely have to. I would try a different hotel next time anyways as this one wasn't amazing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnPS, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer our hotel a review on Trip Advisor. We at the Comfort Inn Parry Sound strive for excellent customer service, cleanliness and guest satisfaction. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our guests and can assure you we have an excellent housekeeping staff on site. We appologize that your room was not up to standards and would have loved the chance to correct that for you during your previous stay with us. We would love the opportunity to change your opinion on our hotel for your next stay in our area. We are glad to hear that you ejoyed the soup offered for our Customer Appreciation.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I come to Parry Sound almost every week and my stay at the hotel are always pleasant. Rooms are very clean and staff always accommodating! Lots of choices for breakfast, hopefully they add yogourt to their choices. Good value, accessible. Stores and restaurants are 5-10 minutes walk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!