“If you're looking for a place to spend the night... This is it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Town & Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parry Sound
Town & Country Motel
You added Town & Country Motel to your Saves list
7 Joseph Street, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 2G3, Canada   |
Special Price
SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER!!
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
La Riviere, Canada
“If you're looking for a place to spend the night... This is it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

On our way back to Manitoba after spending Thanksgiving with family in Kitchener, my husband and I were looking for a place to spend the night. We checked out a couple of chain hotels in the area and we're not impressed. I said to my husband, that sometimes you get a better value at the family run motels. All we needed was a clean, comfortable room and we found that at the Town and Country, a charming motel, neatly landscaped and surrounded by pine trees. The room was small but clean, and charming with the older furnishings and what looked to me to be a homemade comforter on the bed. It was a refreshing change from the chain hotels. Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Parry Sound! : )

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Town & Country Motel is a gem of a find, simple, clean, and really great hosts. One of the few family run inns left! The owner is happy to share their love of the area and take care of any needs. There is a great gazebo area for enjoying. Would definitely stay here again. I travel for work and stay in very fancy places- the 5 star rating is for hospitality and pride in ownership.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Reading these reviews I feel that I was at the wrong Motel. I wish I had a room like Mary Ann R.
A strong musty smell hits you as soon as you walk into the room. The bed and mattress and pillows are very old: the decor is from the 60's. and the TV is very small and dated. The washroom sink is separate from the toilet and tub. When washing your hands you have to move to get out of the way to allow someone to use the washroom. (I am not a big person) As for the price if was not cheap and for a motel it was not the best deal compared to a hotel down the road. I won't be staying here again.
If none of that bother's you; the grounds were clean; the owner was friendly and it was in a safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room first before confirming your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ghues, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We do apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. Cleanliness & value is our aim, as a small family run motel! All our pillows are from Home Sense only, & linens are always updated with percale. The last three rooms are being changed over to laminate this year, thus eliminating all carpeting! It is true that we have no drywall, and only have solid pine furnishings with no particle board at all! Making your stay very pleasant is what we strive for! It is true we are not the lowest rate in town, but hope to be in the middle range, and push cleanliness at all times!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Clean rooms at a fair rate. The rooms are a little small and the knotty pine on the walls took me back to family vacations in the 1960's. This motel is being ran by the second generation of the same family. No breakfast here but they do have coffee and large fresh baked muffins in the morning. Motorcyclists welcome. Gave me rags to clean my motorcycle with and offered to allow me to wash my motorcycle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

2 minute drive outside of downtown Parry Sound
superb value, spotless rooms, simple breakfast of muffins, coffee and juice included
stayed overnight in room 11
L shaped room with 2 large beds so I could sleep and he could stay up and watch TV
recliner was a nice touch and comfy after a long drive
chairs outside the room, gazebo and swing, nice landscaping

Room Tip: Room 11 right in the middle L shaped room with 2 large beds so I could sleep and he could stay up a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This was so good I stayed an extra day. The rooms were excellent and the owner was always helpful. The tariff is great value for the rooms provided. While a bit out of the town centre this is no disadvantage as it is still close to all facilities. A ten minute walk puts you in the heart of Parry Sound.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Waubaushene
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday, July 5&6). Our room was spotless!!!!! It had ceramic tile at entry and laminate flooring in the room (much cleaner and healthier than carpet!). The bathroom window was a crank-out, so it was nice to get a breeze, and let the heat and steam out after a shower. The beds were comfortable with extra pillows (without asking). The A/C worked great. Our room also had a frig. Lots of free ice, also a pop machine. A nice big deck with shade, at the end of the motel with a picnic table and sunshelter, as well as (my favourite) a hand built swing for two. Everyone was friendly. It was also very quiet at night. The motel is higher than the road level, so little road noise. Coffee, tea and muffins free in the morning. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Town & Country Motel? Share your experiences!