“Perfectly situated Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Call Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Parry Sound
“Perfectly situated Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We spent one night here which was thoroughly enjoyable. The Inn is located perfectly for the harbour (where we took a cruise in the evening). Our room was on the main floor and had everything needed for a comforatable stay. We enjoyed breakfast in the morning, which was very reasonably priced. There was just one thing that was a bit of a letdown - the view of the backyard from the bedroom. The gardens are neglected, which is very surprising considering the Inn itself is in beautiful condition.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
ontraio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bayside for 2 nights and I have to tell you I have never felt more at home than I did at this Inn. The place is spotless and filled with charm. Jeff is just the best host and is one of those people you feel you have known all your life.the Inn itself is so close to the marina and walking distance to absolutely everything.bring ear plugs as the train tracks are VERY close to the Inn. Katlin was Jeff's right hand helper, she did absolutely everything . When I ask her what her hours were she just said " I only know when I start". She is a hard worker and a student so please leave her a tip, she will have earned it, believe me . There are always a variety for people that you will meet, we were lucky to have a soprano singer right next door who loved to practice on the shared porch. You would never get that in a chain hotel. Would absolutely go back and am suggesting it to anyone that wants to have a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: 201 shares a porch or balcony with another room. Also sorry I put in excellent for fitness centre...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sent my parents for their 45th Anniversary 2 nights, the owner was very helpful with suggestions on the phone to enjoy the area. Thanks to him, I made several reservations in advance and he even helped arrange for flowers upon arrival. They described the room as "huge" and the breakfasts were delicious. My mother commented on the fresh fruit bowl available just for the basic breakfast. They had a great time and went on two different beautiful cruises and saw a concert at the Stockley centre. My sister and I wouldn't have been able to make this happen without the owner's/innkeeper's help, my parents felt special! Yes there are the trains but I'm looking forward to visiting and having the Parry Sound experience too!

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Our host was very friendly, offering us a choice between two very spacious king rooms when we arrived. We chose a room at the back of the house which was very nice, with a massive, extremely comfortable bed. Breakfast was tasty (we had poached egg on toasted muffins, but there was plenty of choice) and it was a good price, around 8 dollars. I would recommend staying here & enjoying the peace and quiet of Parry Sound!

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really nice Inn - well located close to the main attractions. Very helpful owner with great advice on things to do and places to eat. The room was great and very comfortable. Excellent breakfast. The owner was once a chef and it shows.
The only downside was proximity to the train that rumbled through all night making sleep a challenge. That's a problem though anywhere in Parry Sound. Apparently the locals get used to the noise.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Inn is wonderful! The owner is very friendly and the room was gorgeous. Nice comfortable bed, very clean. The breakfast was fantastic. Best poached eggs I've ever had and the host was kind enough to tell me how he makes them. There was a really spread of breakfast items to pick from. We really enjoyed staying there and will be back in the future

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradfordwoods, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Picked this place because of the recommendations on trip advisor. The Inn is updated but very charming. We had room 206 and told it was one of the smaller ones but we both thought it was fine. The bathroom was huge with a large soaking tub and separate shower. The location is prime as you can walk to the harbor, town and the fitness trail (which leads to the beach). The trains were somewhat noisy during the night. We didn't eat breakfast there so I can't comment on its value.

Make sure to go to Gilly's for dinner. Jeff, the owner, can give you directions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayside Inn? Share your experiences!