“If it had to be our last meal on earth this is the place to go.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 71 restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Eclectic
“If it had to be our last meal on earth this is the place to go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

It was important for us to compliment this restaurant and our amazing server Kim. This was our last meal before heading home from our road trip. We ate in Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa as well as small cities along the way. We must say that we were extremely pleased with Fresco. Kim our server was a breath of fresh air and the meal that followed had an incredible presentation as well as taste to go with it. We were surprised by the serving amount and the value of such great meals.
We are definitely coming back as all 4 us eyed each others plates. Everything was fantastic. If you have the time, make the time and go to Fresco's and if you're lucky you will have Kim brighten your day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Sarnia, Ontario
“Very friendly staff & great food..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Ate here for both dinner and then the following morning for breakfast, thanks to Comfort Inn gift certificates we had received. Both meals were very good, with all four of us enjoying what we ordered. Comfortable atmosphere, with good food and prices, I would definately recommend.

Visited March 2012
Canada
“Quality Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Went here for dinner, very clean, quiet and relaxing.
The service was great and the food delicious!

Visited January 2012
Toronto
“This is the place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We have never been in Pembroke, we drove the main street looking at options for a late lunch and I liked the look of this place. It has lots of seating, clean washrooms and the service is excellent. The menu is varied no matter when your eating. We ordered a milkshake, the club ciabatta with fries and gravy and we shared everything. I was totally shocked when they actually divided everything up for us, 2 glasses and 2 plates of food! Some restaurants frown upon sharing but it's a better way to eat, especially when you don't know what your gonna get! I would totally go back and advise anyone in that area to give them a shot! Our bill came to under $20 for everything! Bon Appetite!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Petawawa, Canada
“Down Hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I started going to Fresco on a regular basis two years ago. Over time I have noticed a change in staff. The staff use to be friendly, prompt and welcoming. You felt at home. You were seated and asked how you were doing. Now you seat yourself and the wait staff are not interested in how you are.

Today, May 21 2011 was my last visit and I will never go there again or suggest Fresco Restaurant to friends or family.

Today I order my usual, steak and eggs with toast on a separate plate. They could not even get it right. My cutlery came after the food was served and I had to wait almost five minutes for a fork. I thought the steak sauce would of come the same time as the food. Another five minutes waiting for A1. The staff did not even re-fill my coffee after asking me twice and when my meal was finished and I asked for the bill, the bill was not even brought to the table.

During my visit, I was nice to my waitress, I believe her name was Janet, and every time I asked her how she was doing, tried small talk, all she did was walk away.

Trust me I did not feel welcome at all during my visit and I will never go again to this place.

The food is average and most of it is over priced for what you get and since I have been going the owner has not put any money in to updates or decorating the restaurant. Trust me it is nothing to write home about.

The unfortunate thing is, most of the restaurants in this area do not have any real competition which is part of the problem.

• Visited May 2011