“Clean, quiet, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Pembroke

You added Travelodge Hotel Pembroke to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Pembroke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Pembroke Street East, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 3M2, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Ottawa, Canada
“Clean, quiet, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed at Travelodge pembroke for Bonnechere cup weekend. After a crew member couldn`t make it, emily at front desk was more than accommodating in providing us with our options for the second room, which in the end we decided to keep. We asked on friday night if we could move our driver to our adjoining room, and she informed us that it was occupied but was available for saturday night. Told us to leave the keys when we left saturday morning. When we arrived back on saturday night, not only was everything taken care of exactly according to what Emily said she would do - she knew who we were the second we walked through the door! No issues, no problems, nothing. When we checked out, there was no issue with any paperwork regarding the room switch, everything was seamless. Rooms were spacious, clean, and well appointed and even though there was a hockey tournament going on we didn`t hear a thing. Rooms were leaning towards pricey but thats par for the course in Pembroke, especially for such a busy weekend. Great accommodations with helpful and friendly staff - doesn't get any better in Pembroke

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate you. We try our best when sporting events in to keep the hotel a quiet enjoyable place for all guests. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and will be happy to help you wth any accomodations in the future .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lucan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Travelodge in Pembroke one night while I was passing through town. It was well kept and in clean order. The pool was very enjoyable and there was also a sauna on site. In order to get towels for the pool i had to turn in my room key at the front desk which was a pain when my friend wanted to go back and i was not done swimming. The television in my room was not working right, and staff had little interest in helping me get it to work. I felt more like just another wallet and not a valued guest when I was dealing with the front desk. Overall if the staff could muster up the ability to be pleasant to customers it would be a nice place to stay, but thats not how i left. If I ran my business with the same customer service they showed me, I would be broke.

Room Tip: Pick the ground floor unless you love long flights of stairs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay . We do have guest turn in a room key in exchange for pool towels. However your friend could have retrieved the key to return to room or you could have asked for another key and each left one at the desk . With the changes that our cable provider installed we do have frequent issues with the TV . The frontdesk however are generally very happy to help and can sort out the issues quite quickly . If you would like to contact me I would be happy to address the customer service issues with you .
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Overall the hotel was ok.
The computer centre isn't worth the time to use - slow, only allowed on for 30 minutes, and couldn't open documents on a usb drive.
The pool was good and if you like the smell of pool while eating in the hotel restaurant then its perfect.
All the hotel staff didn't seem happy and resulted in not being friendly.
A $5 breakfast voucher is not worth its time considering another hotel down the road provides a full continental breakfast (and is cheaper per night).
Overall the second night spent in Pembroke was much more enjoyable (as it was spent at another hotel).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
It is unfortunate that you feel that way about your stay with us.I would like to know when you stayed and what event if any you were here with . The pool is in a seperate building and the smell from the pool area does not get to the restaurant so I am not sure why you seem to have that opinion .
Most times on weekends we do a two nigt booking so not sure why you were at a different location for second night .We did have a group that we had to have the police in to remove as they were disturbing the entire hotel one evening but other than that all weekend bookings were for 2 nights in general.
The computer station does read from stick if you were having an issue the frontdesk staff would have been happy to assist you with that. The 30 minutes is standard but you are able to log back in and continue to work on computer after 30 minutes .
If your stay was the weekend where we evicted people the staff had a very trying weekend dealing with excessive drinking, destructive people and rough housing in hotel so most were very frustrated and at witts end so I apologize if that is what you felt .
The $5 coupon is so our guest can choose their breakfast from the menu and not have something preset that is always the same it gives choice and is always fresh .
Again if you would like to contact me directly please fell free to do so .
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We came to Pembroke for our grandfathers funeral so it was a somber occaison. However, the whole family stayed at the same hotel so we were able to visit in each others rooms and socialize as we don't see each other often. The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful.

The hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were comfortable. My only complaint being that we requested a baby playpen in advance and they were not able to provide it once we got there. We ended up sleeping with the baby in bed with us. They did offer to switch us to a room with 2 double beds but we were already unpacked and settled by that time so we declined. My suggestion is bring your own playpen if you need one.

The breakfast at the restaurant was amazing! I had eggs benny, and my son had pancakes. Greast service and food. Overall I think this is a nice hotel for a one night stay. Wish I had a chance to try out the pool area which looked nice as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked into this hotel and we were welcomed by the front staff. We were quickly booked and had a large room with 2 queen beds, room 304. It had a small fridge and lots or walking around room. We were given 2 x $5 vouchers for the next day's breakfast in the hotel. My mother used it and when asking for a bacon and egg sandwich, she was told it wasn't on the menu....but give them a few minutes and it was made to order! The kids used the pool and loved every minute. We asked for a late checkout and it was not a problem. I liked the shampoos and things, Neutorgena toiletry kit! All and all a great hotel, although the rate was high due to a hockey tournament.

Room Tip: room 304 or one with queen beds
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Caledon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Thank you Emily for being so instrumental in ensuring that our stay at your hotel was so wonderfully memorable. From the moment you greeted us at your front desk you went out of your way to make us feel welcome and because of you and your warm, friendly and helpful manner we changed our travels plans and stayed an extra night at your hotel. You chose the perfect room for us and because you directed us to all of your hotel's facilities we luxuriated in your hotel's beautiful pool, enjoyed the work out room and the fabulous sauna and ate all of our delicious meals at your hotel's restaurant.
Generally my friend and I put thousands of kilometers on our car when we get a chance to travel --- it was because of Emily and the wonderful Pembroke Travelodge that we changed our plans this time --- we enjoyed a walking tour of all of Pembroke's murals --- had a chance to meet and share stories with some of the people from Pembroke, toured the beautiful sights of the area and then came back to relax and enjoy the spa like atmosphere of your wonderful hotel.
Please let Emily know how thankful we are to her --- I am a registered nurse working in the field of mental health and I would like her to know that I left your hotel feeling relaxed and uplifted and full of energy -- that energy has now been chanelled through to my patients. Thank You :)

Room Tip: Ask Emily --- let her know your needs --- she was brilliant with her choice of room for us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Emily is one of our best employee and customer service is alwyas her top priority . I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you will be returning. I will pass this review onto Emily .
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My fiancee and I have stayed there twice in the past 3 months. Both times we were greeted and assisted by Emily -- the hard-working and fantastic front desk clerk who really made our stay enjoyable. The hotel is close to everything - shopping mall, pharmacy, restaurants - but there's really not much to do in Pembroke anyways.

The wi-fi works without issue, and the flatscreen tvs have hdmi inputs AND allow you to switch the source - a rarity in any hotel I've stayed in.

Our room was clean, but the tub could likely benefit from some drano. After every shower, we found we'd be stepping out of at least 2.5 inches of water... which was gross.

Otherwise, we are heading back to Pembroke in mid-December and have no intention of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book with the hotel directly for better rates than those posted on travelocity or expedia.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Emily has been with the hotel for a long time and she is of great value. She is excellent with the guests and also great to work with. We are glad you enjoy your visits and look forward to seeing you in December .

Been to Travelodge Hotel Pembroke? Share your experiences!