“Thank You Emily --” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Pembroke

You added Travelodge Hotel Pembroke to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Pembroke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Pembroke Street East, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 3M2, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Caledon, Canada
“Thank You Emily --”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Thank you Emily for being so instrumental in ensuring that our stay at your hotel was so wonderfully memorable. From the moment you greeted us at your front desk you went out of your way to make us feel welcome and because of you and your warm, friendly and helpful manner we changed our travels plans and stayed an extra night at your hotel. You chose the perfect room for us and because you directed us to all of your hotel's facilities we luxuriated in your hotel's beautiful pool, enjoyed the work out room and the fabulous sauna and ate all of our delicious meals at your hotel's restaurant.
Generally my friend and I put thousands of kilometers on our car when we get a chance to travel --- it was because of Emily and the wonderful Pembroke Travelodge that we changed our plans this time --- we enjoyed a walking tour of all of Pembroke's murals --- had a chance to meet and share stories with some of the people from Pembroke, toured the beautiful sights of the area and then came back to relax and enjoy the spa like atmosphere of your wonderful hotel.
Please let Emily know how thankful we are to her --- I am a registered nurse working in the field of mental health and I would like her to know that I left your hotel feeling relaxed and uplifted and full of energy -- that energy has now been chanelled through to my patients. Thank You :)

Room Tip: Ask Emily --- let her know your needs --- she was brilliant with her choice of room for us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Emily is one of our best employee and customer service is alwyas her top priority . I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you will be returning. I will pass this review onto Emily .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My fiancee and I have stayed there twice in the past 3 months. Both times we were greeted and assisted by Emily -- the hard-working and fantastic front desk clerk who really made our stay enjoyable. The hotel is close to everything - shopping mall, pharmacy, restaurants - but there's really not much to do in Pembroke anyways.

The wi-fi works without issue, and the flatscreen tvs have hdmi inputs AND allow you to switch the source - a rarity in any hotel I've stayed in.

Our room was clean, but the tub could likely benefit from some drano. After every shower, we found we'd be stepping out of at least 2.5 inches of water... which was gross.

Otherwise, we are heading back to Pembroke in mid-December and have no intention of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book with the hotel directly for better rates than those posted on travelocity or expedia.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Emily has been with the hotel for a long time and she is of great value. She is excellent with the guests and also great to work with. We are glad you enjoy your visits and look forward to seeing you in December .
Woodstock, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Mostly everything was good aside from the loose bath fixtures that leak everywhere, the jet tub lacked jet power, there was a large amount of mould in the bath(I will assume that it is rarely cleaned or there wouldn't be mould)and the incessant scraping of silverfish running around.
I guess this is what you get for $200 a night in Pembroke, Ontario. Next time ill spend 1500 on fuel and ill drive my rv up here instead, at least it's clean and bug free.

• Stayed October 2012
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay .We do clean our bathrooms on a daily basis. We are still renovating and the bathrooms are one of our priorities in the upcoming months . I wish you would have called the frontdesk and explained the situation to them they would have been happy to move you to another room that you may have found more enjoyable or dealt with the issues at hand . If you ever venture back to our area please let us know in advance and we may be able to ensure you are accomodated in a room that has all neww bath fixtures.
Thunder Bay, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was surprised just how nice this hotel is. It looks a little dated outside but don't let that fool you, as this is a nice, clean hotel and seems very well maintained. The lady at the desk was very friendly and you can imagine the look on my face when she said that I didn't have a room reserved. After some checking I had put in the wrong date, but no problem she changed the date and gave me a room. I was somewhat dissappointed that on Sunday morning the restrauant didn't open until 8 a.m and the pool didn't open til 7:30 am. Not good it your like me and like to be up early in the morning.
I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone travelling to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Never having been to this area before, I was a little bit apprehensive about the quality of this hotel. More importantly, I was a bit worried about the cleanliness and the beds.

From the moment I walked into the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel appears to have been completely renovated very recently. It is very clean and well-maintained.

Dinner at the restaurant attached to the hotel (Bistro 900) was excellent and very reasonably priced for casual fine dining. Upon check-in, I was given a $5.00 off coupon for breakfast which was a nice bonus.

The bathroom was the only part of the room that was not updated but it was still clean, albeit dated.

Overall, a great place to stay with all the services that you'll need!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feed back . We are quite proud of the hotel and all the work that has gone into it making it a great place to stay and a great place to dine. The staff are all very friendly and enjoy their interaction with the guests.
haliburton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After walking out of the Best Western I was very sceptical but this place is a diamond in the rough!
The lobby was beautiful and sparkling clean. The pool area was nice, had a sauna a lots of toys for the kids. The in-house restaurant was genuinely the cherry on top the food and service exceeded my wildest expectations of a hotel in this town. Room was good no complaints, 2 kids had a great time and its right on the main road! Definitely a repeat customer!

Room Tip: Light sleepers try and get a room that doesn't face the street. The locals like to race up and d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Fantastic, clean hotel with great ammenities. Unfortunately the front desk staff need serious customer service training. Understandably as the front desk manager was the grumpiest. After complaining that someone was smoking in the hall I realized it was the front staff (manager).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
generalmanager34, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Pembroke, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you thought you were nit treated properly. I am the General Manager and I do not smoke. I am not sure what date you stayed so unsure of who was working at the time. We are a non smoking hotel so no one would or should be smoking in the halls. The staff who do smoke have designated smoking areas . I assure that no one would have been smoking in the building and most definitely not me.

Been to Travelodge Hotel Pembroke? Share your experiences!