“Better than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
toronto
“Better than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

These types of restaurants always fall into my get in and get out fast places but Il Fornello has a better than average menu and the food has always been good. The service at the Richmond Hill location has always been good and the place is always very clean and tidy. Never have to wait for a table which is good. Suggest you get a booth as the seating area on the floor is a bit cafeteria-like and the booth is far more comfortable. All in all - it was better than expected and for the money, it is better than the average place in this category of restaurants.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Perfect family or couples environment at reasonable prices.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Family Milestone Birthday Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I almost did not book at this Restaurant because I found the website difficult to negotiate. Although there is access to the booking system, it does not work and that is why I have given it a four star rating. If you have a booking system online you should be able to make a reservation.

However, when I called the Restaurant direct, the reception could not have been better and the had no problem making the reservation. I spoke to Irina, who I have to say, was very helpful and then to Michael the owner, in my efforts to create a great birthday luncheon for my husband. Michael was more than accommodating especially when I presented him with the menu I created from their own site, of the foods I thought our party would enjoy. As a result, we ended up with this type of comment "great company, great food and great choice of restaurant". Since this was a surprise, my husband was bowled over and all 25 of our party, from my husband's 94 year old mother to my grandson who is 7 years, had a great time, so to me, it was a success. I should also mention the service by our head waiter and his wait staff. They were patient, pleasant and helpful. Kudos to Michael, who treated us like "la Famiglia" and went out of his way to make this a wonderful experience for all - I am sure he makes his family very proud.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chennai (Madras), India
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

For the longest time, we passed this restaurant in Richmond Hill! We'd heard about it, and it looked real nice! We finally went.... It's a one time only restaurant for me. Nothing about the food has me wanting to go back for a second try at another menu option. It's good for at least one try.

Visited October 2011
Toronto
“Restaurant chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Il Fornello places are OK, if one doesn't know a better restaurant or nothing better is as close. While I know many a better restaurant, often nothing is closer, and therefore I have eaten at the Bayview Village location fairly often.

Visited April 2012