“I scream for ice-cream!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream, Café, Creperie
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dessert
London, Canada
“I scream for ice-cream!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Visited this place after dinner on a Sat. night. It was packed! We asked for a table to seat 6 people and 1 high chair. We were asked to wait a few minutes which was a bit uncomfortable since there was no specific spot for people to wait except to occupy some of the 2 person tables available. However, we were provided with a couple of tables within a few minutes of being asked to wait, so that was quite lucky. We ordered : smoothies (mango, strawberry), bridges of madison county (dark choc cake with vanilla ice cream on top), banana split, waffle with butter toffee topping and fruit, and waffle with ice-cream and fruit topping. Unfortunately I didn't get to try everything. The dark choc cake tasted more like a brownie, but I enjoyed it with the vanilla ice-cream. The banana split was nothing special to look at and I tried the waffle cone biscuit that was served with it which unfortunately was not crisp or fresh. The fruit looked good and the kids enjoyed eating those. Also everyone finished their waffles so I would guess they tasted good as well. The smoothies were excellent, and I believe they are also vegan (no milk/yogurt in them). I would say expect to pay $10 per desert plus tip, so it is not cheap. If I were asked I would suggest they use smaller portions and take more care with the freshness and the plate layout as most of the plates were sloppily presented with little visual interest. (I expect more at this price)
I would say this is a great place for ice-cream lovers though who believe like me that it is deserving of this kind of sit-down service restaurant experience. Unfortunately there is v. little to offer someone who is not interested in eating/drinking anything with sugar.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Great Desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love this place for a dessert or ice cream. Great atmosphere, great food. Sometimes, a piece of cake can get quite pricey but overall a great place to visit anytime.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
“Best Ice cream in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It is a favourite place for my children and me to go have banana ice cream or cocktail ice cream this big dish that two can share in it and i ask for my expresso .nice place

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

perfect place to take your loved ones and enjoy a nice conversation and delicous crep or waffle with ice cream and fresh cut fruits on top.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Are you Kidding Me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Whats not to love? They have great coffee and homemade deserts that are low cal (lol - just kidding) They have the best chocolate cake anywhere. Tell them the big tall guy said to order the chocolate cake. I sometimes buy the whole cake! Great place.

Visited May 2013