“awful, never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Richmond Hill

You added Travelodge Richmond Hill to your Saves list
Travelodge Richmond Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10711 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 3E1, Canada (Formerly Knights Inn Richmond Hill)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Toronto
“awful, never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

this hotel is the worst i ever stayed at. when walking to my room, i had the dank smell of smoke attack me as i walked in the corridors (im a non- smoker) the room was very dark. the beds were incredibly uncomfortable (woke up with back pain) and had a hard time sleeping in it. the fact that there were 1 inch gaps under the main doors to the corridor allows you to hear everything thats going on outside, not allowing you to relax in privacy. heating was an incredible piece of junk that not only spit dust all over the room, but was ran so loudly it would have been quieter sleeping by a highway. i would not recommend this place at all. value?? rip off is more like it, spend $20-40 more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

we checked in at this hotel because of heavy snowfall, it looks fine, room was great but we are not able to sleep because of the noise coming from the room above us, we informed the front desk, and she said that it was a group of kids who just came from a party. We should have drive and suffer the bad weather rather than staying in this place, we don't know what type of people do they have there, they did not stop until 5am. I feel sorry for other guest's who wants to sleep and relax.

• Stayed February 2006
Woodbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

New owner! keep on trying to put every effort to upgrade your hotel. We enjoyed our stay more than the visit to the city, specially much more than our last stay. The front desk ladies were very friendly and helpful, and should be recognized. After talking with the room maid, she wouldn't take a 'tip'. Even when I left some money on the table, she still wouldn't take it. Mersadie is a very good lady and asset to have. Do everything possible to keep her.....a very honest and pleasant person!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2006

Okay let me start by saying that I read the two prior postings on tripadvisor in regards to this hotel before actually booking there. I thought they were probably isolated incidences and hoped that since so much time had passed that things would have changed.

Well have I got a story to tell you! It’s not that horrible really…it’s just that the hotel was not what I expected at all.

Let’s start with the fact that building is old. It must’ve been built in the 70’s and it didn’t appear to me that there have been any major renovations since then. When I walked into my room it was like I stepped into some kind of time warp. The only kind of updating that has been done since that room was first decorated was new linens (...thank heavens…) and the bathtub area was retro fitted with a tub liner. The rest was pure seventies. I can’t forget to mention the water damage on the ceiling by the door. It created dirty brown water (at least I hope it was water) stains that trailed down the wall. Yep it was lovely.

All that aside…it was dirty.

The room itself had quite a few cleanliness issues. The mirrors, the table, the inside of the nightstand drawers were dirty with smudges, grease marks or cigarette ash. The entertainment unit sported mirror and glass that was also not very clean. Oh yes and let me mention the bathroom walls that had VISABLE dried urine marks on them. Yes folks, I said urine. Not impressed at all. What scares me the most, is this was the just surface dirt I COULD SEE, imagine what I couldn't see!

And the icing on the cake...the hotel advertises a hair dryer and coffee maker in every room. For some reason my deluxe room with a king size bed did not offer either amenity.

I will never stay there again. $110 later I learned a valuable lesson…trust tripadvisor!
I could have traveled a little farther and spent $50 less and would have been much happier. I just wish I had taken pictures with my digital camera so you’d know I’m not exaggerating in the least. Sorry! Next time!

• Stayed February 2006
Grimsby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

I have never stayed at a worse hotel in my life. It was extremely dirty. There was broken beer bottles on the balcony and the screen on the door was slashed. The front desk was no help in these matters. Bottom line, the place was a dump, quick literally. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

This hotel is terrible. The owner cheated me money. He told me 59.99/per night before I checked in. However, when I checked out, the owner overcharged. He charged me 89.99/per night. I called Toronto police. However, The police can not do anything. The hotel is dirty. I never come back this hotel again. Becareful when dealing with this hotel. And becareful when talking to the owner. Do not give any your information (credit card number) to the owner.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Travelodge Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Richmond Hill

Address: 10711 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 3E1, Canada (Formerly Knights Inn Richmond Hill)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Richmond Hill
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Richmond Hill 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Travelodge Richmond Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Richmond Hill Hotel Richmond Hill
Knights Inn Richmond Hill
Richmond Hill Knights Inn
Travelodge Richmond Hill Ontario

If you own or manage Travelodge Richmond Hill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.