“conn2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Parkway Toronto North

You added Sheraton Parkway Toronto North to your Saves list
Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Hwy-7 E | at crossroads of Highways 404, 07 and 7, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Dallas, Texas
“conn2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location. Close to downtown Toronto via Don Valley parkway and East/West travel via the 407. construction on Hwy 7 in front of hotel looks like it is nearly finished. lots of restaurants within easy walking distance.
Hotel staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. This is the main reason that I frequently return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the main building near the lobby ndrestaurant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonParkway221, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Dallas3100,

Thank you for leaving us a positive review!
We are glad you've always had a good experience at our hotel and we hope we can continue to make this you feel at home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter's ringette team during a tournament. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. There was plenty of room in my room and the washroom was massive! I could have fit the whole team in there. The only problem was the severe lack of parking and it was a bit of a journey to get to the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear kellisaway,

Thank you for leaving us a review. Our spacious rooms are very ideal whether you are on a trip with a sports team, leisure, or business. We do offer complimentary parking to all of our guests as we have over 1100 parking spaces, both indoor and outdoor.
We also have 3 pools on our property, one outdoor salt water pool and 2 indoor heated pools.
Our main indoor pool is located just below the front desk.

Please come back to visit again and let us help you find your way around our hotel the size of a city block!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel feels like it is in the 1980's at best.

Don't bother with a club room upgrade - the benefits (a free can of coke and less choice of breakfast if you eat in the lounge) is not up to the usual Sheraton standards

Rooms are big, comfortable and although a little musty, clean. Shower cubicle is like nothing you will see elsewhere - one big lump of molded plastic, think it's a design icon from the 70s...

There is a starbucks on site and average restaurant. If you walk a coupld of minutes there are a number of bars/restaurants and a cinema. The Keg is the best with excellent crab legs and steaks

You will only be staying here on business so it's here or the hilton garden suites so which ever takes your fancy...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Bigmink76,

Thank you for leaving a review with us. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at our property.
Our Club Lounge and our club level rooms are superior to our traditional rooms. We just had a complete renovation in our Club Lounge and a menu and breakfast make-over. The Sheraton Club is where our loyal guests will go to relax and enjoy their breakfast and off-time on the 9th floor of our York Tower.
You can also try our 4-Diamond award winning Crave Restaurant, located just beside the lobby and Starbucks.
We also had our bathrooms renovated as well.

I hope you would come back and try us again, perhaps you could visit us when you visit Canada's Wonderland, we have a great Package deal for that and we can give a free Jacuzzi Suite upgrade if you book by July 31, 2013.

Hope to hear from you,
Quispamsis, NB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

First I was charged a $50 early check-in fee for checking in in the morning. (You either have rooms or you don't, this is just a cash grab)

Next was the fact that the room was musty with decor from the early 90's. The hallway smells like a Gym locker as well. I thought it might be just my floor so I went to other floors with the same result.

The last straw for me is that they actually charge you for internet. $7.99 per day. Again, I have not been charged for Internet in a Hotel for what I think is a decade and I travel frequently.

On the plus side, they have a great lobby with a Starbucks and are in a great location. The room was clean, but musty smelling.

I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Troy_from_NB,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've encountered at our property. I've taken this review to our Maintenance department to doing a in-depth investigation about the musty smells as this is our first complaint for hallway odor.

Our super Hi-speed Wireless Internet connection do cost our guests $7.99 but you can also use our wireless for free in the lobby area and Link@Sheraton.

We hope the next time you visit you will try us again and we will impress you the second time around!
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have always heard that the Sheraton brand was undersold in the US from positioning and design so I was excited to experience a Sheraton brand outside the US. Unfortunately it was underwhelming. Nothing to write home about. Wore out interior, small room. This property is located very close to many restaurants which weren't too outstanding. Drink prices at the bar were fair. Good location. Staff did fine and was helpful. Concierge didn't have any recommendations for restaurants, they seemed disconnected. I would stay here again. There are options but for the price this hotel served its purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Room was about equal to what I'd call a 2-star hotel but usually even 1-star hotels offer free wireless access (this hotel free wireless in lobby or eating area). Room was small. Electrical outlet for floor lamp was not working. "Living room" type comfortable chair offers little other than a sinking feeling. Hotel location is very poor in terms of access to Toronto - prepare for congested traffic anywhere near rush hour. Very little of interest in the immediate area - urban sprawl. Pluses: comfortable bed, clean room, complimentary (outdoor) parking, coffee maker.

Room Tip: Best to avoid this one
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Hertz314,

Thank you for your review. I am troubled to learn the experience you've had at our property.

Our hotel is staffed with a full maintenance department working around the clock to make sure everything is up to standard. Please let our front desk staff know if there are any deficiencies in your room and we will do our best to fix it and/or move you to another room.
We do offer our guests the fastest available network possible and we do so with security and stability. We try to offer our guests a safe and stable network that works as hard as them. Frequent stay guests often have no problem with the small fee.
Located at HWY-404 and HWY-7, we are only 20-30 minutes from Downtown Toronto.
Our complimentary parking spaces extends to over 1,100 spaces including a 3 level indoor parking garage.

Please let us impress you on your next visit to our property. Our experienced and friendly staff will sure to please you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I arrived on a Thursday for a 3 day conference.
Check in was smooth and staff was friendly.
Room was nice but needs updating. It was clean and there was nothing glaringly wrong. It just looked tired. Dings in the tub fixed by putting the wrong colour paint on them, an outdated plastic shower with chrome edged glass door, plastic faux marble counters.
Didn't have the room cleaned while I was there by my choice but housekeeping staff always asked if I needed anything when I passed in the hall.
The conference food was horrible, coffee was unpalatable (thank goodness for the Starbucks in the lobby) water provided was in a cooler and was clearly a jug that had been filled with tap water as you could taste the chlorine of city water.
Breakfast consisted of runny eggs, rubbery bacon and ham that the edges were so hard it couldn't be cut.
Lunch was sandwiches I believe made from the buns not eaten at dinner the night before.
Dinner was completely different nightmare. Food was not good but I had come to expect that. Servers were rude and hurried us through our meals. One server took my friends plate out from under her as she was cutting her meat. Then later took her water glass when my friend said "I'm still drinking that". She put her fingers on the inside of the glass and handed it back by holding the lip of the glass. Our one polite and hardworking server was George. If anyone from the hotel reads this then hold on to him and have him train the rest!
Despite knowing of my food allergies, I was told had to locate kitchen staff daily to make sure I would be accommodated at the evening meal only. My food arrived freezing cold. So I ordered room service just so I could eat some palatable food.
Room service was fast and courteous and the food was awesome!
Will strongly be encouraging my organization to find a new venue for our annual conference.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!