“Great hotel - very happy with service, decor, rooms, bfast et all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham

You added Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 East Pearce Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 0A8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
GreenLeadersSilver level
India
“Great hotel - very happy with service, decor, rooms, bfast et all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Brand new hotel. Love the new Holiday Inn Express look and feel. Have stayed at the holiday inn express in north york which is run-down and was weary to stay at another Holiday Inn Express, but this place exceeded all expectations. From staying at many of IHG hotels (Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Indigo, etc), when going for a Holiday Inn, go for the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & SUITES (the ones with suites have always been great, even when you don't stay in a suite). The decor reminded me of the new Indigo chain, which I enjoy. Clean and contemporary. I prefer this over Crowne Plaza and Indigo as it has free parking, free breakfast, etc, which the other two (particularly Crowne Plaza) charge for.

The place is wonderfully kept and the staff is very helpful. Great selection for breakfast as well. Would def stay again and recommend to friends. Great value for your money and location is great too. Right off the 400 and 407.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
FrontDeskStaffs, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Oh I love this review!
Thank you so much for your loyalty for the InterContinental brand!
We hope to see you return and hope to see you very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

The hotel room was very nice and clean, modern decor. Flat screen tv, king size bed, a comfortable sitting area, desktop with ergonomic chair. Colors of the room were nice and lively. Although there is not bath tub, the shower is quite big and clean. Who wants to take a bath in a hotel anyway, I don't find that very hygienic. But that's just me. Breakfast was alright, but def filled us. Didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but I am sure it was equally as nice. Hotel lobby has polite staff, who are always ready to help you. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the lovely review!
We hope to see you return and we hope we will always be the best hotel you've ever stayed in!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

I went to Polaris 23 and my sister's and I stayed here for the weekend. Great Hotel with a great staff. Within walking distance to the Convention Hall.

Stayed July 2009
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great comment and the lovely pictures you provided!
We also want to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you return!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We picked this hotel for the price and were absolutely thrilled. Brand new hotel and very pretty. Spotless. Nice pool, internet use. Breakfast was great. Lobby lovely. Staff responsive and polite. Wonderful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review.
We tried our very best to make sure your stay was excellent and we hope you will feel the same during your next stay with us.
Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Only a one-night stay, but an excellent one. Very easy to find, and is in central location if you need to be in this end of the city. A very friendly man at the front desk at check in, pleasant and helpful. Nice new hotel. We arrived in our room (clean, comfortable) to find a nice welcome card personally addressed; I'm not sure if that was because I was a priority club member or not. Wireless internet worked perfectly in the room. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was typical; nothing fancy but certainly enough to fill up my 10 year old son before we checked out and went on to the Toronto Zoo for the day. I will definitely stay here again. One thing, though - the pool is very small - you wouldn't want to put more than a few people in it. It was fine for my son to have a dip before bed, and we were there late so there was no one else in it, but just keep that in mind if having a big pool is important. Lots of free parking, well lit. Easy access to some main streets with stores and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great comment! I hope you have already returned by now. We thank you for choosing us and keeping us in mind.
Skokie, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

The service was excellent. I booked on Cheaprooms.com and they told me I would get a room with 2 queen beds. But when I arrived, the front desk said the site booked a room with 1 king bed. Luckily, the staff at the front desk were nice enough to help us look for a room with two beds. We ended up getting exactly what we wanted. The lobby was small but very grand and modern. I think I was annoying a few people because I took so many photos! The room was large,clean, modern, and grand. The view was amazing! At night the skyline was beautiful. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and quiet. Although there was a teenage sports team staying there at the time, the room was still totally quiet. The free continental breakfast, although there wasn't much variety, tasted great. The location was perfect. It was little off from the busy street, so it was quiet. Even though it was off the busy street, it was still close to all the chinese malls I wanted to visit. I will definitely stay at this hotel every time I go to Markham. I was amazing!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the comment and the pictures! I see myself in there too! I hope our hotel is still your favorite stay ever! :)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

this place is totally brand new and super clean!!!
we had decided to stay here as we were in the area for a friends wedding in june.
we booked the 10th floor suite with the main street view. our room came with two comforable queen beds, a pull out sofa bed, 2 flat screen tv's, microwave etc. salt water pool and gym are on the main floor. complimentary breakfast was pretty good - make sure to come early as it finishes at 10 am. we will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the review! It is our pleasure to serve you and we tried our best to make sure everything is top notch. We love your comment and hope to see you return!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham? Share your experiences!