“Clean but noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Smiths Falls
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Clean but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Read reviews of this hotel and it sounded nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was typical--cereal, breads, waffles etc. and was okay. The main complaint I have about the hotel was the noise. Being on the ground floor you could hear the people moving around in the room overhead. Also when someone in the room near you ran the shower you the noise of the shower was as though it was in your room. The counter in the bathroom I had also had a strip of the counter missing and you could not close the bathroom door tight.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Hello. I would like to thank you for the nice comments that you posted. My housekeeping staff really do take pride in their work and your comments are the proof.

I apologize profusely for the noise issues. I hope this will not hinder your decision to stay with us again. And I promise that we will accommodate you on the top floor next time.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Belchertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have stayed @ this hotel many times while on business in Smiths Falls ... in winter 2012, I stayed here continuously for 2+months while on an extended local company startup ... during this time, the hotel was clean, QUIET, warm and comfortable ... and when I asked about a wash/dry/fold laundry service (not normally offered), the hotel arranged with a local laundry for pickup and delivery to the hotel @ very reasonable rates ... while the hotel has no restaurant the free breakfast is quick and simple, and the hotel is located very near a Walmart and several OK restaurants ... bottom line ... it's the place to stay

Bob.F

Room Tip: 2nd floor in the back facing the canal
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
I would like to thank you for your very kind words. We strive to do our best to accommodate everyone that steps through our doors. My staff and I really do appreciate your comments.

Saint Agatha, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The Colonel By Inn is located on the edge of Smiths Falls, a short distance from Perth. The hotel is close to Highway 15 (Lombard Street) and across from Canadian Tire. It is close to shopping, banking, restaurants etc.
We stayed there four nights in November 2011. The staff was friendly and efficient, our room was perfect enough for our needs. Housekeeping was more than adequate.
We have stayed there on previous visits (wife's family resides in Perth), and have yet to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the time you took for your kind comments. I hope we have the chance to accommodate you in the future.

Banff National Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The staff are all very helpful. They suggested good places to eat and any site seeing areas to go to. The rooms were amazing, there was not a spot of dirt to be found. I think this place should be number one, Two thumbs up to the housekeepers keep up the good work. It really does show that they want the best for their guest and they will go the extra mile to help.

Room Tip: Facing the back of the hotel is the best as you don't hear the traffic. And the second floor if...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
I would like to thank you for the kind remarks. The staff here takes pride in their work, and I am proud of them. And I am sure when I print these comments and show them they will be extremely happy.

It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again.
I hope you have a Happy Holidays.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

After shopping around and finding all the hotels in Perth full we opted for the Colonel By at Smiths Falls.The service we received from the staff on checking in was very courteous. The room and bathroom were super clean. Nice touches included free toiletries and coffee maker and pods. Our daughter had a comfortable night on the pull out sofa and she enjoyed watching the flat screen t.v. Free WiFi was included that hubby made use of. The only disappointment was the breakfast in the morning hubby being a cooked breakfast kind of guy. Though there was a choice of cereals, hot/cold drinks, waffle maker and fruit there was not much else. In similar priced establishments we have had a fully cooked breakfast before now. Also, there was a t.v. blaring out which nobody was watching could it not of been turned to mute? In all though this hotel is a shining light in a run down, very grotty looking town.

Room Tip: The a/c is very loud in the night so you might want to turn it off if you are a light sleeper. Opt f...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

After shopping around town, I was glad I chose this hotel. I spent a little extra for it, but in all honesty it was worth the extra money.

I was here for a fishing tournament over the long weekend, and they accommodated me in every which way. Needed an outlet for my boat, no problem. Safe parking for my boat and truck, no problem. Early breakfast requested because of my early mornings, no problem.

It seems that the hotel has been renovated recently. And you can tell that the staff take pride in their work. Job well done.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I would like to say that if your looking for great staff, and a cozy, comfortable atmosphere, then this is the place to stay in Smiths Falls. I initially was told to stay at the comfort inn, but once i got there, it was super awkward to get to through a strip plaza parking lot, and was looking very rough in the parking lot, as there were people/workers drinking in the lot. I then went to Best Western, and was greeted by the manager, who helped me check in, and gave me the directions to where i had to get. His positive attitude, and great customer service skills really shined. The room i got was the king size bed room, and it was truly spacious, and fabulous. It seems that the whole room was newly renovated recently, was warm, and cozy. Hats off to the housekeepers, as the room was spotless and fresh. Would highly recommend to anyone for business, or personal travels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn? Share your experiences!