“Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 59 restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Tomasso’s Italian Grille is an upscale-casual restaurant located on the banks of the famous Trent River in the heart of downtown Trenton. Built across three properties for multi level seating with soaring ceilings, touches of wood and steel and a waterfront patio – the setting is a perfect combination of city style and rustic Mediterranean comfort.The Italian influenced menu is a perfect combination of traditional classics with a modern flair. Dishes include pasta, pizza, appetizers, salads, and a wonderful selection of fish, veal, chicken and AAA Angus steaks. All meals are prepared to order and everything from the pizza dough to the sauces are made in-house with original family recipes. Open daily, Tomasso’s is perfect for: lunch with colleagues, dinner with family and friends, a large social gathering or a special celebration just for two.
Trenton, Canada
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Not the cheapest place to eat, but a very pleasant experience. The food is excellent, service very good, and the view is nice if you can sit facing the river. A bit noisy. We will certainly return.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Trenton, Ontario
“Swimming lasagne!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We have often been to Tomasso's, both in-dining and take-out. The portion of lasagna while dining in was much smaller than the take-out portion.
More than once now we have experienced a very sloppy, runny lasagna that was floating in so much sauce you couldn't see the baked cheese on top. It was submerged in sauce. We had to eat it with a spoon. No exaggeration. I had asked to speak to the owner and someone else came to my request, twice. When I asked if she was the owner, I was told no, so I asked again to get the owner. Another woman came - again, not the owner when asked, but said she was there to help. However, no help was forthcoming. Just explained that some people like a lot of sauce; others don't. She missed my point completely. Very disappointed, and it will be a long long time before we have anything else from this restaurant. We weren't offered any compensation whatsoever. Very poor, I thought.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belleville
“It's the best the QUINTE AREA has to offer!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

By that, I mean THE BEST!!!!
We have been going to Tomasso's for about 6 years with family and friends and can always be guaranteed a sumptuous meal with friendly, attentive service.
The atmosphere is casual/dressy. The noise you will hear will be laughter and friendly chatter, not music that is targeted for 'any' generation!
We can't say enough good about the establishment! We are abstainers & are never made to feel rushed or not as important as the next table (perhaps higher tipping-as a result of the drink tab).
If dining in the evening, either the owner or one of his sons usually stops by the table to ck in with their clientele to briefly exchange pleasantries & to make sure the meal meets their expectations. We don't see that happening too often...we give this home run business a 5!!!

Stirling
“If they can make beautiful fresh pizza, why is the pasta reheated (badly)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This is a place with great service. The starters and the pizza are both great, but it is badly let down by other food, such as th veal dishes and the pasta, which are reheated and, on the night we were there, had been badly overdone - the pasta and the veal both stuck to the bottom of the dish and were dry and tough. The kitchen didn't seem to care too much, no refund or apology was offered whn we mentioned it. I would definitely go again for the pizza but wouldn't touch anything else.

Toronto
“I never give 5 Stars - Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

Trenton isn't known for it's dining so I was a bit skeptical when I finally went here with a friend. After living in the area for over a decade I can say this is as good as it gets in the area. Excellent meal! I eat out 6 months of the year and never give 5 stars, but this one warrants it... In Trenton, no less!

The decor is upscale casual with a water view... The waterfront of Trenton is a little shabby if you're expecting Vancouver-like vistas, but in the summer there are boats and such to look at.... Not bad.

I got the chicken marsala ad it was done to perfection with an excellent blend of spice and sauce. I was most impressed by the accompanying vegetables which had everything from broccoli to a small turnip... An excellent variation on most restaurants bland side of one or two carrots. They were steamed, fresh and delicious.

I had an espresso after dinner.. it was OK, not great though.

Service was attentive and unobtrusive...

A bit on the pricy side for the area but well worth the extra!!