We stayed here on an overnight trip in and around Picton, Belleville area and were kinda surprised by the hotel, not in the best of ways. First with the positives, as they definitely were. The staff is very helpful and friendly and made check in a breeze. Being on the water was pretty nice, a nice place to relax before sunset. The BBQ and our kitchen was a huge plus, first hotel I've seen with a BBQ for public use, which was awesome for steaks in the room (even though the gas ran out hald way through and I had to finish using the stove, which was alright). The satellite was also a huge plus, with free movie channels!!! The shower was huge. Alsoooo, the breakfast was nice for continental, hot waffles, toast, the works. So the value for this hotel was excellent, cheap place to stay with bonus amenities.
But for the bad; we were put in the basement next to the rear door, and like others are saying, you can hear people like they're yelling in your ear. Coughing in the next room was hugely audible, showers creaked and groaned, and theres that door slamming to the back parking lot. The basement is also a bit creepy unless you don';t mind having people wandering around the smoking pit, able to look into your window. I guess thats why they make them so small, to prevent people from looking in, which is also a negative. Most of the rooms have the worst windows I've seen in hotels, no natural light, and barely any artificial light in the rooms. The bed wasn't too comfortable, and only came with two ultra mushy pillows. Other than that the only other negative was the fact that the hotel was sold out, so in the morning 40 people tried to pack into the dining lobby to eat. Most of us were just standing around with plates in our hands trying to eat without a table.
So overall, the pros and cons sort of weigh themselves out, may try this hotel again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's our promise and we take it seriously. At the Travelodge Trenton you'll find comfortable, spacious variety of Room types, accommodations with lots of wonderful amenities. Whether staying for business or pleasure, Travelodge Trenton is an ideal place for your next stay!• Free Hot breakfast• Free high speed wireless and wired internet• Free long distance telephone calls• Free movie channels plus HBO Canada• All rooms include microwaves & mini fridges• Kitchenettes available• Free fitness room• Pet friendly• BBQ area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Trenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Trenton Hotel Trenton
- Travelodge Trenton Ontario