“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Enjoyed our meal and the service. We enjoyed some authentic souvlaki with very good tzatziki. Portion sizes and alad was good too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Trenton, Canada
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I haven't been to Tommy's Restaurant in awhile but when I was there last the food was good and the service was good.

Gatineau, Canada
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had a steak but I do not believe they know the difference between well done and medium raw my was a little to well done
for what I asked but it was good.
Nice atmosphere and old fashioned decor.An antique shop that
ha,sells food.. We were happy with the food.

Visited August 2012
Trenton, Canada
“Really gone downhill.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We've gone to Tommys twice in the last 3 years and both times we said "we'll never go there again" when we got back in the car.

The service was so-so and the food was even worse. I don't like the thought of describing the food because it will bring back terrible memories. On the most recent visit I had the fish and chips and they arrived piping hot, but were still somehow under-cooked. The tartar sauce was homemade and had a weird flavour to it. Like the mayonaise in the kitchen was too old to serve on its own and they didn't want to throw it out, so they made tartar sauce with it. The fries I received with the fish and chips were old and stone cold.

I ordered a Coke and was served a diet Coke. Fine. I can live with a diet Coke. When the time arrived for a refill I asked her to ensure it wasn't a diet Coke. Well, the waitress took great offense to be accused of doing something wrong. She swore up and down she didn't give me a diet Coke. My refill? Another diet Coke. *facepalm*

On the good side, it is a reasonably priced joint judging solely by what I seen on the menu, and it is nicely decorated and clean, albeit a little tacky in areas.

As for atmosphere, it is a barren wasteland in there. The only other diners I've seen in there was a very elderly couple who appeared to have no idea where they were or what they were doing.

Word has gotten out. Don't go to Tommy's. You'll be sorry.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fredericton, Canada
“Ick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place is supposed to be a Greek restaurant, although their menu if fairly large and has much more than Greek food on it. I figured that if anything was to be good it would be the greek food, so I ordered the gyro and my friend had the chicken souvlaki. The dishes came with Greek potatoes, which I disliked the flavor of. They also came with an nontraditional "Greek" salad that was filled with lettuce and a weird pink dressing. It tasted o.k though.
They Gyro had a weird flavor to it, but the pita was good.
I had expected much more, considering it's supposed to be a Greek restaurant.
As for the service... the waitress didn't even know what was on the menu. She asked us to point our selections out so she could read them.

• Visited March 2012