“Really good BBQ!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Toronto, Canada
“Really good BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Ordered the BBQ sampler with brisket, pulled pork and chicken. Came with baked beans, slaw and corn bread.
Waitress was very courteous, and friendly and I was served in good time.
All good. The pulled pork was my favorite of the meats, as good as I've had anywhere, including some famous BBQs in Texas. Very good sauces.
But the baked beans are to die for - do not miss the beans. A meaty and smoky concoction that left me wanting more - but I was full.
Primitive Cuisine - a definite stop for me whenever business takes me to the Trenton & Belleville area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Niagara Falls, Canada
“If you like BBQ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were traveling over the Canadian Thanksgiving and not sure when we would arrive at my daughter's so I suggested we go to a restaurant on Sunday so no one had to cook. The Primitive Cuisine was open and willing to take our group of 12 - including three kids 8 and under. We had a great time. Loved the eclectic decor. Service was excellent. Lots of selection on the menu and I loved it that Kevin keeps a "sold board' , a blackboard listing things that are running out just in case you want to get it before it is gone or pick an alternative. They had a full menu with appetizers including Hush Puppies, salads, pulled chicken, smoked wings, pulled chicken and a chicken club, pulled pork and pork back ribs, beef brisket, and great BBQ Sides including Poutine, coleslaw, and beans. Deep fried decadence with ice cream is a hard to resist option for dessert. You can get individual take out or take out for a gathering. You can buy their sauces too which is a real bonus.The food was great and there was plenty of it. The kids all loved it and so did the adults. We had a relaxed fun family time and really enjoyed the quiet ambiance of this little gem of a restaurant. Do not be put off by the laundromat next door. The restaurant is great and there is good parking. No hamburgs, hot dogs, or fish but what they have is certainly worth it. Go. Enjoy. You will leave smiling.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quinte West, Canada
“Awesome Food & Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent little place! Yes, the restaurant is small BUT the food is awesome! They make the effort to source their stuff locally and the quality is worth it! Latest visit was early this month but have had a number of items from their menu but my favorite is the Brisket and I really enjoy the coleslaw! Menu does tend to change depending on what's in the smoker but we've never been disappointed! Love that they have a variety of beers & the Waupoos Cider available! Definitely on the books as a place to return to again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quinte West
“Delicious and Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My hubby and I went to Primitive recently for supper. All I can say is its worth every penny. Firstly, the service was so friendly and accommodating. We really felt like they valued our business. The food was top-notch. The fact that Primitive uses all local meat and produce is enough to have us coming in. I had the pulled pork on a bun and sadly, there was so much food, I couldn't even finish it. Absolutely delicious. We will be back for sure.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belleville, Canada
“Great Food and Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Primitive Cuisine used to be a fish and chips place but converted to barbeque when a fish and chips chain opened in Trenton. Primitive Cuisine is somewhat awkwardly located attached to a laundromat and with limited parking. But with the food, all is forgiven. All food is either produced in house ot locally sourced. The poutine had real cheese curd from the Maple Dale Cheese factory in Plainfield, ON. The Excellent hard cider is from the County Cidery in Waupoos, Prince Edward County.

The main courses are all pulled meets, beef brisket, chicken and pork. The meat is smoked for 12 hours and then pulled immediately before serving. Two portion sizes are offered, regular and more than you could possibly eat. I saw several diners departing with doggie bags. The food is excellent. For Cdn. $15.00, I had pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, corn bread and two diet Pepsi's. I was filled to overflowing with meat goodness. If you are a true carnivore and can adapt to the awkward location, you will be rewarded by good food and cheerful service. One warning, as the food takes so long to prepare, they could be sold out if you come later in the evening (happened to me).

• Visited August 2013