“Excellent for Business Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildcraft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 315 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluesprings Drive
Transit: On the main 7 line going to Conestoga Mall.
Albany, NY
“Excellent for Business Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I hosted a business dinner for 15 at the Wildcraft this week. We used The Den downstairs. The room was excellent for a meeting and would be great for a party too. In addition to one large LCD screen at the front of the room there were five smaller screens along on side of the room. This made for an effective presentation which was a necessary part of the evening. But what made this such a great venue was the food and the service. I can only imagine what a private dinner upstairs would be like. But my opinion is that if the restaurant can handle a group dinner and serve excellent food then the cooked-to-order will be at least as good if not better.
I have to try to the dining room next time I visit.

• Visited February 2013

Waterloo, Canada
“Nothing Sp[ecial”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wildcraft positions itself as a high end restaurant and bar. Their food is presented very well, but the quality of it is nothing special. Their flatbreads are quite expensive but are nothing that you can't get at Failte's for 3/4 of the price. The atmosphere is nice however, in the bar area at night, there is usually quite a bit of people, and their coctails are good. In the summer, they have a really nice patio. They are located in a crappy location though, right off of King St. next to some car dealerships.

Visited March 2012
“Very good upscale roadhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my wife and daughter Saturday mid-afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the decor and atmosphere. We sat by the fireplace which my wife loves. Our server was pleasant and efficient and overall did a great job (Sarah).

The food was excellent! My daughter had the chicken sandwich and fries which she thought was excellent. I tried a fry and was impressed they were fresh made, not frozen.

My wife had potato soup and Caesar salad. She thought the soup could be thicker but it was tasty and she enjoyed salad. I tried a bit of the salad and really liked the taste of the house made dressing.

I did the Southern burger with house made mushroom soup. The soup was excellent as was thwart burger. This burger was supposed to have some "bite" but it really didn't. Super tasty though and I really enjoyed it.

I will absolutely go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario, Canada
“Upscale Bar and Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This restaurant was very good, everything we had was tasty and the restaurant itself is quite attractive. A lot of attention was spent on the interior design and finishes and it shows. The menu has lots of options, but both my wife and I were in the mood for burgers, which were very good, we both opted for sweet potato fries on the side which didn't come with any dip. I requested the chipotle dip that they advertised when ordering these on their own and the waitress quickly brought over. Cheesecake lollipops were decent for dessert, but the phyllo-wrapped cheesecake was excellent.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“excellent meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was out with 2 other ladies for dinner - one has significant allergies and Wildcraft was very accommodating cooking her a meal to order; I had their soup (it was fabulous!) and shared a burger with my other friend - the burger was terrific too. This was my second visit to Wildcraft and once again I was not disappointed.

• Visited January 2013