“YUMMM!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #197 of 298 restaurants in Waterloo
Waterloo, Canada
“YUMMM!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love Curry in a Hurry!
We go farily often and have never had a bad experience, unless getting too much food is a bad experience :)
The Aloo Gobi is delicious.
Can be spiced up how you like it, mild, medium or hot.
Nice and clean.
Always lots of take outs too but we always eat in!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

26% Recommend
Waterloo, Canada
“Tasteless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Not authentic or flavourful, not fast, and not worth the money. I was VERY disappointed and could have cooked it better at home myself. Would not go back there, especially in a hurry.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Samosas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a quick snack one day and walked by curry in a hurry. I saw that they had samosas so I walked in.

The restaurant was empty except for one man eating by himself. All the other tables were "reserved" but I didn't see anyone walk in.

I ordered the samosa ($2.25 I think) expecting to get a few but I was then asked how many I wanted. Without thinking I said four and it came out to $10 something.

I had to wait fifteen minutes for it, and when she went in the kitchen - I was expecting her to tell their chef/cook the order, but all I heard was the microwave!!

I ate these at home and they were horrible ! I guess I will go elsewhere for samosas.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guelph, Canada
“Buy a curry from the supermarket, it's the same but cheaper!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Awful take away experience!

We paid 70 bucks for 3 butter chicken dishes, a samosa, 4 popadoms, rice and vegetable pakora. If the meal was outstanding this may be acceptable, sadly it wasn't.

Having bought pataks products several times before from my local supermarket, I am very aware of the taste. This is exactly what they use, they must buy bulk quantities and try to pass it off as their own. the only difference is they use very low quality chicken (if it could even be called "chicken"). I think the samosa may have been homemade, however, it was clearly frozen at some point.

This is the worst curry I have ever had, and probably one of the most expensive. I'm originally from Glasgow, which surprisingly enough has some of the best Indian restaurants around, and they don't even charge the extortionate prices that this dump does.

Save yourself the money and avoid.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Not at all Indian Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Service is good. But food is so bad, Not Indian at all. The guys does not know what curry means.. Everything is great but food is awful.

• Visited February 2012