“Terrible service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 304 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill offers a casual, relaxed family friendly restaurant and bar experience and a menu with something for everyone. Good Food... Good Fun... Bad Temper!
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I work in the restaurant industry and I can be pretty lenient when it come to service and performance when it's needed.However, my last trip to Crabby Joe's just tipped the scales for me and my co-workers when going there for a quick bite. We never received utensils nor napkins. It took 40 minutes to get our order taken after it took 15 minutes just for us to get drinks ordered--which were never refilled. The initial bartender never once checked up on the table, and my meal came out incorrect and not being that great whatsoever. Do not come here for food. If you are wanting cheap appetizers after 9 pm, sure, other than that terrible.I will not be going back there whatsoever, even if it is across the street.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Waterloo, Canada
“Aweful - Owner is rude, and service was terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Crabby's in Waterloo was probably the worst bar/restaraunt for service I have ever had.

The first time I went with my girlfriend, we ordered food and drinks. After about 50 minutes, our waitress asked how our food was. She didn't even realise we had no food, and she forgot to put our orderes through. She apologized and said she would rush the order through the kitchen. We told her not to bother, and left.

The second time, a buddy of mine invited me to watch the hockey game there. I didn't want to go because of my first experience, but decided to give it a second change. After being served beer, we wait over an hour. After numerous attempts to get the attention of our waitress, I speak with the owner. I told him we have not been served since sitting over an hour ago. He said he would get someone right away. 10 minutes later, and still nothing.

I call over the owner again, and this time, he was so rude, he said, you couldn't have been waiting over an hour. Then he looks at our empty beer mugs and says "if you were waiting here so long, how did you get those beers".

Is this how a good owner reacts??? All I have to say is there are sooooo many other good places in Waterloo. Morty's for example gives increadible service and food.

I will laugh when Crabby's shuts its doors because the owner pissed off to many people.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo, Canada
“Average food, amazing server!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went to this crabby joe's location a few weeks ago on a Tuesday night with my husband. Even though the restaurant was extremely busy, our server (I think her name was Caitlin or Katie... she had a bow in her hair) made us feel welcome and comfortable and that she really cared about how we were doing, even though it looked like she had a full section of tables. She brought us refills before we had to ask and cutlery and condiments were brought to the table before the meal. She was personable and friendly and didn't make us feel like we were asking too much when we made lots of modifications to our meals. I like my food done in a certain way and she made sure that it came out just how I wanted it. I had the chicken chipotle wrap (with a bunch of changes) with sweet potato fries and my husband had chicken wings. Overall our food was standard pub food, but the service was unforgettable. We will be back and asking for her.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went here for my friend's birthday dinner, I've had a good experience once before, but this time the waitress we had was GOD AWFUL. First she forgot some of the drinks we ordered, which is fine, just waited a little longer. Then, I ordered the fish and chips at the same time as everyone else, yet when the food came out mine was forgotten about. I thought they were waiting to bring it out until my friend pointed out that my meal had not come. The waitress then left, and when she came back she lied right to my face and said "we're just waiting on the fish, your food will come shortly", MEANING they hadn't even started it yet. By the time everyone was done with their meal, I finally got mine, yet it was too hot to even start eating so I was awkwardly eating on my own. On top of that, she wasn't apologetic at all, and then at the end we had to argue with her to accept the half off coupon we had. In reality I shouldn't have paid for that terrible fish and chips anyway.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant and had a pretty good experience. My friends and I come in more often now cause our server, I think her name is Abby, told us all the awesome drink and food deals we didn't know about.
We usually get the half priced apps which are good. Nachos and the crabby combo are good sharers. Some times it takes a bit too long for the food but Abby takes care of us.
Overall a good night, good food and great service.

• Visited September 2013