“Average AYCE” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Average AYCE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went here for a late Father's Day dinner and we all enjoyed the food. It's nothing spectacular but it's not horrible either; just mediocre Japanese all-you-can-eat sushi. The food comes fast after you order it and it's pretty fresh. The decor is modern and there's tons of sitting space.
My parents loved the cooked food items (i.e. Teppanyaki, tempura, etc). Definitely better than other AYCE places in KW, but not as good as the non-AYCE places.

Toronto, Ontario
“Fresh but too much filler”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I attended Sushi 99 on a recommendation from a colleague while visiting the area for a volleyball tournament. Beware, the adult rate starts at age 12 and if your child only eats cucumber rolls and edamame (not good here) you are seriously overpaying for their meal.
In addition, the service was inconsistent, things were not delivered and the hand rolls have too much avocado. When I order a spicy tuna hand roll, I expect tuna and a bit of rice, not mostly rice and avocado....the menu did not disclose that all their hand rolls contain avocado and when inquired if any could be made without avocado I was told No.
If you love avocado go here, if you do not then stay away....

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener
“Have been to better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Granted, this place looks nice and is always full but the service is deplorable.

My friend and I were stead and waited 15 mins to even be asked if we wanted drinks. Servers are rude and humorless.

The sushi was okay. Nothing I would write home about. Many of rolls were similar as well (cucumber and avocado)

Each time we wanted to order something we had to flag someone down. To be honest I am not sure why this place is as packed as it is. I have gotten MUCH better service at O'Yummy.

Probably will not return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Bend, Canada
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Decided to go to Sushi 99 with three friends-one of them never had sushi before. We found the sushi to be of very good quality, the service was consistent, the waiters very friendly. Would recommend this restaurant if you want a wide variety of food, particularly sushi, soup,and alternatives.
The price was $22.95 for adults for all you can eat while there is a seniors for $15.95 all you can eat. Drinks like Sapora are extra at $7.50 -large can of Japanese beer-if I remember right 750ml-3/4 of a litre.
Try this place-you will come away with you feeling extremely full and happy.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great service and awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I have now finished making the rounds of the major AYCE sushi restaurants and are ready to review them (Actually I guess we've been to the Ye's in Waterloo but not the Ye's in Kitchener, so keep that in mind)!

So for the most part, the biggest difference between each restaurant (which were used as benchmarks) were the salmon sushi, chicken wings, spicy salmon rolls, value, and service.

Sushi 99 was tied with sushi stars for best service, where everyone was super friendly and talkative. O'yummy sushi was the worst; I felt like I somehow I reminded the waitress of an ex boyfriend or something based on the looks she game me (resentment mixed with a hint of curiosity).

The salmon sushi and spicy salmon were both very good. If I were to rank them, I'd say:
1) O'yummy sushi by a hair
2) Sushi99 and Sushi Stars
3) Spring Rolls
4) Ye's Buffet (last by a lot)

The chicken wings are pretty cool here. They're dusted in some cinnamon mix which gave it bonus points in my books. Ok ranks:
1) Ye's Buffet (only good thing there!)
2) Sushi99
3) Spring Rolls and Sushi Stars tied

Value: Pretty comparable to Ye's and Sushi Stars. I haven't noticed too much of a difference. Ye's buffet was about 30% more expensive and the food was 100% worse so I'd say that was the only place where the value was pretty bad.

Ok that's it! Also we ordered non-AYCE from there once and they were very friendly.

• Visited November 2013