“Only for the beer” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Only for the beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a beer drinker, just went for lunch with a friend. I have to say their beer menu is impressive but their food menu lacks quite a bit. service was good and atmosphere is that of a typical pub.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ayr, Canada
“I didn't think I would ever give a gastropub an excellent rating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'm not a fan of Texas Roadhouse restaurants or gastropubs in general but on Saturday everything conspired to make our trip to Beertown excellent.

It was a warm, sunny, summer's day so we asked to be seated in the outdoor beer garden. Four of us were seated at a large picnic table so there was lots of elbow room. I like that in a restaurant. We shared two appetizers and sampled several beers. On the Waterloo Public Square, LatinFest 2013 was just getting started. There was energy and activity everywhere. Dare I say that it almost reminded me of Montréal?

The selection of beers is very impressive. The two appetizers (2 lbs of chicken wings plus Warm pretzels, cheese dip & butcher board) were very good and our server was very friendly and helpful.

We will be back. I would recommend Beertown to anyone looking for something much better than a Roadhouse type of restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Ok only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

An average size of selection of Canadian and American beers. Preferably we were looking for Czech and German beers... Food menu was very limited and also average in choice. Plenty of staff but not efficient. Over priced average restaurant

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo, Canada
“Go for the beer, not the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently went to Beer Town with a few friends. The service was friendly and prompt but the food was disappointing. My fish and chips arrived lukewarm. The fish was soggy and the fries were dark brown, bitter and greasy. This was my third time here and I probably won't be going back any time soon. The beer selection is good and the Fruli is a must try even for non beer drinkers. Expect a very loud atmosphere, as in yelling across the table to be heard loud. Beer Town would be fun for a few drinks with friends on a Friday night, but don't go if you're looking for a nice dinner out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo, Canada
“Not measuring up to the hype and prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very pretentious and pricey. I expected much more. The food is mediocre and staff is impersonal, The positives are the extensive beer list and patio facing the square.

Visited May 2013