“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Waterloo, Canada
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The restaurant was recommended to us, and what a find it was!! Great burgers, poutine, soups and beer! And the "snowshoe" for dessert was a real treat. We WILL be back,

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Waterloo, Canada
“Go. Like, right now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

While you're at the St. Jacob's Market in North Waterloo, you're going to want to make time to eat at The Crazy Canuck. Gourmet poutine (they had two vegetarian-friendly poutine options--unheard of!) at a very reasonable price. Delicious, and prepared fresh with local produce from resident Mennonite farms. One of the few places I've been where the exceptional, approachable, relateable service rivals the incredible quality of the food - no need for compromise, here!

“Everything was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! From the records on the wall to the chalkboard menus, this place has amazing character. The food was fresh, homemade, and used local suppliers. The service puts this place over the top. It is a must stop if you're in the area!

Kitchener
“Excellent Quality Food-A Must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My daughter and I were really looking forward to experiencing the food at Crazy Canucks as we heard rave reviews and it was awesome! We had a curry poutine fries and a caesar salad the best ever! Don't be fouled by the simplicity of the restaurant as it is no reflection of the food. The service was great and friendly. We look forward to going back to try their vegetarian burgers.

Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Misleading Menu/Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was so incredibly disappointed in our first visit there yesterday Aug 23, 2014. I ordered the Phillycheese with Mac&Cheese and Baked beans for $12......what I got was the sandwich and macaroni salad. The phillycheese was tasty and hot but the menu on the board stated Mac & Cheese.....NOT macaroni salad....when I asked about my baked beans I was told he had burnt them so he didn't think I would want them and as an after thought asked if he could bring me a replacement which I said no to because it had already taken so long to get our food and there were screaming kids soooo......No thanks....I didn't get offered money back at all to compensate either.
At that point I hadn't tried the macaroni and didn't really realize it was mac salad until after the server/cook left saying he would be back in a few minutes to see how everything was (he never came back).
Once I realized I was given salad with ginormous chunks of peppers and tomato (who does that?) I figured I would wait to ask about it when he returned but that didn't happen so I went in to ask about it and the cashier wouldn't acknowledge me between customers.
So basically I had a Phillycheese sandwich for $12 because I didn't eat the salad.
My boyfriend got the crazy canuck burger with poutine which he said was ok but all in all the $35 I spent there was not worth it in the least.
Absolutely NOT impressed with the service, time or food or cleanliness as the tables outside were filthy...a young lady came out and appeared to start cleaning and then just left the dishes piled on the table and left.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere