“A return visit....Without Question!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs to your Saves list
Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Benjamin Road East, Waterloo, Ontario N2V 2J9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Waterloo
Woodstock. N.B.
“A return visit....Without Question!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Waterloo on business. I recently stayed at the Best Western St. Jacobs Country Inn on a business trip ( first time but certainly not the last ) and I was very pleased with the high quality service and accommodations. The hotel's exterior is beautiful, resembling a castle and the large lobby was very nicely decorated with hand made quilts and a hand made iron chandelier. My recently renovated room was very spacious, extremely clean, richly decorated and carried all the amenities required by commercial travelers. The free wireless internet was very fast. ( A must for the commercial traveler ) My evening meal in the dining area was very good as was the free hot breakfast. The steam room, fitness center and large whirlpool were a far more than I expected. Dollar for dollar you get a much higher level of service, quality and amenities than any other hotels in the area. The Farmers Market and the Outlet Mall ( across the street ) would be a great way for your partner to spend time while one attended business meetings. Business or Pleasure .....I highly recommend you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western in St. Jacob's in June with my boyfriend. I went to school for travel so I am very critical of the places I stay in. The Best Western St. Jacob's Country Inn far exceed all of my expectations of this hotel. I stayed in a standard king size room and was blown away by the quality. The bed spreads were brand new and the bed was far more comfortable then I could have ever imagined, needless to say I had a great nights sleep.
The hotel was close to everything we need and was very easy and convienient to get to. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and none of them could even compare to the Best Western. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

Had a most pleasant stay at this Best Western--great location next to the St. Jacobs farmer's market. They have a lovely eatery called "The Verandah" where you can have supper, and where the Continental breakfast is served. We sat down for a meal at 5:30 and didn't get our after dinner coffee until two hours later. Food was easy to prepare--wraps, sandwiches, quesdadillas, soup, dessert. The "supper lady" had a most sullen demeanor, did not seem at all interested in being pleasant, and even though there were very, very few people in the room, brought our drinks, meal and coffee in more than half hour intervals. Some people nearly missed the theatre performance next door due to the slow service. Happily, the gentleman in charge of breakfast was personable, quick and eager to give good service.
Only other minor matter, bathtub in our room would not drain, even overnight.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
waterloo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have stayed at the Best Western St. Jacobs Country Inn several times and have always had a great experience. I stayed with my partner in December for a romantic get away and it was perfect!! The service was superior to any hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was very inviting, clean and had all the amenities of home. I can’t wait to stay again!!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
London, Ontario.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

My husband and I, both seniors, needed a getaway and I chose this hotel. We stayed in a King Suite room with a king bed and a Jacuzzi tub and a fireplace in the room. It was even better than advertised! We were on the second floor, the room was quiet as we had asked for, and the bed was very comfortable. The only negatives were the tiny kitchenette in the room with a small bar fridge and microwave and very little counter space; and the restaurant which has a limited menu and the items are not cooked there, just heated, I believe. For a great meal in Waterloo, go to Sole restaurant downtown. We like the hotel so much we are going back later this month.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Kitchener
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We had a reservation for our wedding night and showed up to the hotel to find that not only did they not honour our reservation, but they were unable to even offer us a room. We had booked months in advance. The evening we were supposed to stay there, the desk agent said that our room had been "sold to another guest" because we had never guaranteed the room with a credit card number. Which we had. She was very short with us and not at all understanding or apologetic. We had to go to another area hotel, and basically our wedding night was ruined.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

Nice, clean hotel. It's nothing fancy, but the rooms are immaculate and the beds are comfortable.

The people at the front desk have been friendly and helpful the 2 times I have stayed here.

A buffet breakfast is included. My only disappointment was that the danishes and muffins tended to be the processed type with a long shelf life. Better to stick with the toast and cereal until they find a better source for pastries;)

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs? Share your experiences!